Picture of Flower Pouches

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Here's a picture of my flower pouches, along with my new tacky flamingo yard art. DH loves flamingos and so, they just keep appearing in the yard. Nat

Thumbnail by nathalyn

Nathalyn,Your flower pouches are beautiful!! How long did it take for your plants to get this size?
And I love your flamingos,too-they are so cute.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

I started the wave petunias on the left from seed in early March, and used store plants for the one on the right. Both bags were started the first of April, and were left flat for 4 weeks before hanging.

I also have a pouch of impatiens that is really full that was started in late April.

What potting soil did you use?
I used ProMix & all my plants died-don't know if it was the potting mix or just my browm thumb.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

I mainly used the Miracle grow brand, but added lots of the Terra sorb water absorbing crystals. But I find that I am having to water the bags practically everyday, even with the cooler temps. And I have read several places that it is very important to let the bags lay flat for a minimum of 4 weeks.

I planted my impatiens in a black tie blooming bag which has two separate chambers, and it seems to stay moister. I don't know if it's the bag or that the impatiens are in the shade.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

SWEET!!!

They're great, I really like the flamingos. Please tell me what the white thing is on the fence.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Elsie - - - - the long thing is my hose, which has since been moved to be less noticeable, and the round thing is a bird house in the shape of a hat with flowers on the brim.

I think I like the flamingos, too. They make me smile.

I thought it was part of the bird house because they are the same color.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.