Anemone canadensis

Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

I´m looking for Anemone canadensis seeds, plants or anything how I could get it to my garden.
I could get some Finnish plants to trade, or something else too.
Thanks.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I am looking for A. canadensis plants too.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

I have a type of Anemone but it is not the canadiensis.

The one I have , i never notice any seed. But it is propagated by roots that seems to be a kind of rizome.

rural, WY(Zone 3a)

I have an anemone that I collected seed from high in the alpine of mountains while hiking. Flowers are purple, and it produces a large big fluffy white seed head. It looks much like A. occidentalis, but the flowers are purple. The name Canadensis suggests it is from Canada, but I looked in 3 Canadian wildflower books and it wasn't in any.
If that interests you, lte me know. Thanks, Dennis

I´m very interested of those both.
Have you got any idea what Anemone it could be Cristina? some Chile`s wild Anemone maybe?

Dennis, did it look at this? http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/bio/life/plants/magnoliophyta/magnoliophytina/magnoliopsida/ranunculaceae/anemone/occidentalis-1.jpg or this http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/bio/life/plants/magnoliophyta/magnoliophytina/magnoliopsida/ranunculaceae/anemone/occidentalis-2.jpg

It should be common in Canada.

rural, WY(Zone 3a)

Mitjo,
I think it is the first hyperlink photo. The photo does not give the plant justice as in the wild though. It is common in western Canada, well above 2000m where there are no/very small trees. I love all of the plants up there.
The second photo is A. occidentalis, I think.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Dennis, could it be some Pulsatilla?

Yes, that is not very good picture.
:)

rural, WY(Zone 3a)

Yes Mitjo, my book suggests pulsatilla is the old name. I think maybe people still use this name.

I think that you meant Evert.

rural, WY(Zone 3a)

Sorry Evert/Mitjo!

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Mitjo,
I'm sorry but I've been away from my PC.

I have not any idea what type of anemone is the one I have.
May be the ordinary one.... I mean it would be one that exist everywhere

What do you think? would it be able to make it to your place?

rural, WY(Zone 3a)

If anyone wants some of the anemone seeds (similar to Mitjo's first Hyperlink (purple flowers), let me know and maybe we can trade- Dennis

I´m interested Cristina and Dennis.
I would like to trythis Chilean Anemone. How hardy it could be?
Dennis, I´ll send you e-mail.

I know this is an old thread, but I just got around to reading it.
Anemone canadensis grows wild in my area. I have had it in a perennial bed, but took it all out and just kept a small plant and contained it in a bottomless pot to keep it from spreading. I'll collect seeds next year, if anyone wants them. They have white flowers and attractive foliage. They look a bit like a. sylvestris. We also have a. multifida here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.