A New Beauty

Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

I planted very small plants last year, and now it's beginning to bloom. They start out a deep ruby red and fade to dusty rose. The tag said 12' and so far it's only about 8'..which means the middle of the arbor is bare... I hope it grows taller next year.

Thumbnail by MossRose
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I love clematis :) That's really pretty. I'd buy lots more if the bigger plants weren't so expensive :(

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Moss Rose, do you remember its name? I have been reading about Niobe and Cardinal Wyzinski being shades of red. That does look very pretty.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

t is a beautiful plant for sure. I'd also like to know what it is?

Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

It is Ville De Lyon, from Donahue's Clematis'. I bought 4, end of the season sale, for $2 each, in 3" pots. This is their second summer in my gardens. They open a deep ruby red, then fade as they mature. The bloom also gets larger as it matures. My only complaint so far,,they aren't tall enough for what they're planted on. It's a large arbor type deal I made myself from metal fence post and what we call *hog panels*..so it's quite tall, at least 12 ft. The tag says they grow to 12 ft but haven't so far. I hope next year they get even taller so the very top of the arbor is covered. Right now it's empty and looks bad. Here's another photo..they're really blooming now.

Thumbnail by MossRose
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

What a great bargain, yes indeedy they are gorgeous.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.