Eurovision Song Contest 2003

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

From Riga tonight beginning at 22:00 EEST

Anybody going to watch it? I wait for the contest every year, my favourites this year are Belgium, Slovenia, Latvia, Romania, and Croatia. Too bad Finland isn't in this year ;) (well, we've used to it) Next year the rules will change and all countries can take part, great :D

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

'nil point' comes to mind. If I'm not out I usually watch it but Big Brother started last night.

Now that was one great show, wasn't it :D

My most favourite, Belgium almost won, got the 2nd place.. Too bad Turkey won, I didn't like it as much, but it was ok. The country on the last place, ehh.. first time there. I was a bit surprised :}

Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

Gosh....Finnish singers are bad.....I think the the Best place which Finland has been is 5, and that song was TIpi Tii, Tipi, tipi tipi Tii...Kevät on...Vallaton......and this competistion has been showing very long......

http://34sp.eurosong.net/~songthrush/web/fin62.html

Kuulostaakohan suomalainen musiikki ulkomaalaisen korvassa ihan oudolta? Tuli vaan mieleen kun sanoit että jäsenet joille lähetit levyt eivät oikein pitäneet suomalaisista kappaleista.

At least we haven't been the worst. I hope they choose a good song for next year.

Ehkäpä..

what about that freaky guy who couldnt dance and their song had the metal sound every now and again. I turned over after about 5 songs cos they were all a load of ?

who won anyway and who was last?

I hope you're not talking about Finland ;)

Here are the final results of ESC 2003

1. Turkiye......167
2. België/Belgique......165
3. Россия......164
4. Norge.......123
5. Sverige......107
6. Österreich....101
7. Polska........90
8. España......81
9. Island......81
10.Romania......73
11.Ireland......53
12.Deutschland........53
13.Nederland...45
14.Укпаина......30
15.Hrvatska......29
16.Bosna i Hercegovina.27
17.Ellada......25
18.France.......19
19.Israel.......17
20.Cyprus.......15
21.Eesti.........14
22.Portugal....13
23.Slovenija......7
24.Latvija........5
25.Malta.........4
26.United Kingdom.0

OMG we are last but they are the pits when they were on Top of the Pops on Friday. I just dont know where they get these people from.

so was it your people who had a didgy male singer who just wiggled his butt from side to side and a blond with dreads who shook em about when the metal music started?

:)

Don't know, I've been actively watching the contest for three years now. We have had many horrible and laughable artists there especially in 70's and 80's, and the most horrible was (1994) Catcat - Bye bye baby, have you heard it?

I dont know it but I know they bring out a CD of all the artists

You can watch all the videos of this year at http://www.yle.fi/euroviisut/riika_2003.php :)

Evert as if LOL. I wouldnt want to punish myself. It was Austria with the two freeks

I think we got nil point because of the recent situation where a dude got whooped

Did you see Austria this year? It was, hmm, unique. But not bad ;)

The English girl looked pretty nervous and uneasy at the stage, but I don't think the song was bad. The words were a bit silly...

isnt it a custom for the worst looking people and the worst songs ever to be put forward for the contest?

Guess so ;)

Manhattan Beach, CA(Zone 11)

Thanks for that link, Evert. You don't get to hear music from around the world besides American and British here in the USA, ever. Some 'Abba'from way back, but English only.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.