At the pearly gates

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I had to think about how this went...

Three men died and stood at the Pearly Gates awaiting admittance to Heaven. St. Peter asked the first man why he should be able to get in.

The man replied, "I was a missionary and helped thousands of hungry families around the world". St. Peter waved him on in with a big grin.

When asked the same question, the second man replied, "I was a teacher and taught young minds the importance of reading and writing."

"Wonderful!", said St. Peter, "come on in."

The third man said, "I was the President and CEO of an HMO, helping millions of people get quality healthcare".

St. Peter smiled and waved him toward the entrance, but then stopped him and put his hand on the man's arm. "We're pleased to admit you", he said, "but you can only stay here for three days."

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!