Secret Plant Trade?

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Are we gonna have any this year?

"eyes"

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

i would love to participate....are you or someone going to host?
editing for my secret trader:
i have a want list that you can look at. in it is also a section marked misc secret trade....please read.
and remember whatever i get i'll love.
debi z

This message was edited Tuesday, May 13th 8:35 AM

St. augustine, FL(Zone 9a)

Count me in if you are going to have one.

I love herbs and anything you can dry or do crafts with, but just about anything will do. I love surprises.

This message was edited Monday, May 12th 9:31 PM

virginia beach, VA(Zone 8a)

me 2!
thanks,
cristina

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I would love to participate.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

eyes, I'd love to participate too!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Sounds like fun, how does it work?

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Yes, I will organize it. The way it works is that when you post you want to participate, be sure to indicated whether you have a Wanted List in your Trade List, or tell us in your posts what you are interested in. I would say that a 5-7 plant assortment would make a wonderful trade.
Once we set a cutoff date, everyone will email me with their DG name, real name, and snail addy. I will have the grandchildren draw the names to match them up to their secet recipiant. Then we will post a cutoff date for mailing. Once you receive your package from your Secret Trader, please post what you got in a new thread that we will start for that purpose. We have had so much fun and enjoyment from these in the past. Don't be bashful, jump right on in!!

"eyes"

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I have a want list. thanks eyes

Bloomingdale, NJ(Zone 6a)

I would love to play-don't have a want list but love any kind of surprises, esp any herbs, wildflowers or perennials I don't already have!!
Kathy

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Coount me in also. I don't have a trade list, never could figure out how to do it, but not fussy. I like perennials and fragrant flowers. Doris

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I would love to participate also. I have a trade list up but would like most anything, fruit, veggies, plants, flowers...........whatever :)

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I would like to participate also. I like tropicals, ferns,house plants, shade plants , and annuals. Thanks, Lou

Morris, IL(Zone 5b)

When is the cut off and mailing going to be? Might be gone. Can't commit til I know.

naturepatch

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

Excellent, "eyes", thanks for doing this. I would be happy with any surprise plants, but shade plants would be especially nice. John

Hobart, IN(Zone 5a)

I would like to participate too. I am working on a want list. I love herbs, and zone 5 perennials. Thanks Eyes!

Montezuma, NM(Zone 5b)

This sounds like fun. Count me in
koko

Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....I'm in...I love sedums, lilies, perennial geraniums,,and well, I love surprises!!!

MossRose

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

ME TOO!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Before we set a cutoff date, let's get some input on when our gardeners up north will be ready to trade. I know the weather there is playing havoc right now. Give me some idea what is best for y'all.

"eyes"

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

the weather is alright here, just allot of rain lately but that's actually helping everything come up in my little yard

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

tis all good here!!! everything isnt up-but i have enough to trade! :)

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Me too! I love small sedums and grasses. But I'm not fussy, I love everything!

Grandview, TX(Zone 7b)

ME ME ME! I want in on this one. I will work on a list of wants. Thanks eyes!

Medford, NJ(Zone 6b)

Count me in.... Don't know how to make a wanted list! I'll have to research this one. Thanks, Kristi

Never did get around to my want list on my trade page.
I'm not fussy. I love all type of perennials. I have both sun and shade. I have a keen interest in native plants. I also love hardy succulents. Heck, I'm not picky- I LOVE to get packages *grin* Only thing I ask, nothing invasive. ((Kristi))

This message was edited Tuesday, Jun 3rd 9:09 AM

Mcallen, TX(Zone 8a)

Just surprise me!

HowEVerrrrrr...... I have very little shade outside and my house is purty much overflowing with houseplants.

I am attempting to attract & keep hummers around without feeders, my favorite color is hot pink, I love lavenders, &
would appreciate any plants originating in Mexico, since I love Mexico and all things connected to it.

Even unusual seeds would make me happy!

But I am really not fussy or picky. (or complainy).

Hugs, Lavanda

Fort Edward, NY(Zone 5a)

I would love to be included in this! I have never done anything like this before. I do not have a trade list, but Im open to anything. I especially love unusual types, like voodoo lily, and anything with black or close to black flowers...I would love to get my hands on some Leonotis Leonurus (Lions tail, lions ear), the orange flowers are stunning and would look great in my livingroom. I also love mini roses, especially bi and tri colored ones, however I am open to anything so surprise me!! My only request is that it be hardy in zone 6...This seems like so much fun!!!

This message was edited Friday, May 23rd 11:21 AM

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Don't really have a want list, but I love hardy succulents, for sun or shade, Hardy ferns, hostas and perennials hardy to zone 7. Nothing that gets really big, or invasive please.

Never had a bad secret trade yet - I think I have everything, then here comes something I didn't know I wanted!!

Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

Oh yes, I'm in,,,if I can stay online long enough to get a email through...

MossRose

west allis, WI(Zone 4b)

Count me in too! Sounds like a blast!! Don't have a trade list, but like stuff with fruit or perennials. But am up for ANYTHING!! Yipee!!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Don't forget me Eyes...I haven't missed one yet, I think!!

I'm not fussy either, only I can't grow anything large, like big bushes, as my garden is small.

Donna

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

I will need to update my page but perennial geraniums - scented geraniums - any perennial that takes semi shade. Any blue flowering plant. Last year was great. Looking forward to this.

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

FYI other trades I have been in I have not only received plants but home made crafted cards from some ones garden, magnets, books on perennials, an apron for gardening, a wind chime (a mini chime), a gardening pin and an airplant in a sea shell. Not saying that everyone should do this but it was nice to get a little gift in the box as well a nice surprize I have been in trades that Ihve just gotten plants and of course it was wonderful. Nothing is more fun than getting the mail and opening a box of plants that some one has taken the time to pick out and wrap and send to you!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

happyoma you are so right. even if you are a newbi to gardening, you can always send a gardening craft or other item to compensate if you don't have enough plants. i did this in the beginning and i never got a complaint. :) so come on newbies, join up too you'll have a good time.
debi z

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

SoCal and babsadventure, I need your snail mail addys to add you to the list. Please email me thru DG so I can get you on the list.

"eyes"

Belvidere, IL(Zone 5a)

I would love to do this I have a ball picking out things to send and it's great getting plants in return. Nancy

Belvidere, IL(Zone 5a)

Here a link to my trade list.

http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/santacltr2

This message was edited Friday, May 30th 9:48 PM

This message was edited Saturday, May 31st 1:37 PM

Burlington, IA(Zone 5a)

Hello!

I would love to be included in your secret trade. I don't have a want list posted, but I am very easy to please. I can use perennials for zone 5 and I have shade and sun. Houseplants are fine. I also have two garden ponds. Places for vines... anything will do.

Thank you!

Lori

Brazil, IN(Zone 5a)

Love to participate but not sure how to send plants? Are nursury plants ok? Just started planting and don't have much at this point. By the way other newbies you add wants like you add stuff you have to trade and then list it as a want and not something you have to trade. I've started several houseplants from cuttings but still very small as yet do these count? Tracy

This message was edited Saturday, May 17th 8:42 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.