Shade Catalog -Is there such a creature?

Avis, PA(Zone 6a)

I am growing weary of looking through beautiful catalogs only to discover that the plants require full sun in most cases. Does anyone know of a catalog that is dedicated to shade plants?ldieffen

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi :) Since I am also blessed with mostly shade, I know your dilemma! There are some companies that specialize in woodland native plants, some that specialize in hostas, some that specialize in understory shrubs and trees, like azaleas.

Try going into the Garden Watchdog part of this site, and do a specialized search, using the search criteria of some of these topics. The companies should appear for you :) You can view them at their web sites, and order their catalogues.

Part of the good news is, that after companies become aware of your preferences, and as long as you don't opt out, you will get catalogues from more and more companies specializing in what you want.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I used to adore Shady Oaks, but I think they are strictly wholesale now

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Wayside Gardens has a shade catelog (I ordered from them, hehe) they send excellent plants. I use them every year.

woodspirit, I don't think Shady Oaks is stricly wholesale unless they just went that way, cause I got a catelog from them earlier this spring, but maybe so.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.