Saturday, April 26, 2003

southeast, NE

Good afternoon everyone - beautiful day here even though it is a bit windy. Julia didn't come home today so that she could attend the annual "Bull Fry" that is sponsored by her former dorm. Although, I think she just eats hamburgers.

Lenjo - we will gladly take some of your rain. We did have a half inch earlier in the week but that seems to be absorbed very quickly.

One of our best Angus cows, Missy, has been prolapsing. We called the vet and, naturally, when he got her, whatever had been pushing out was back in but he checked her and said her cervix was torn. He said to keep watching her to make sure she isn't straining and, in so many words, told us we had better cull her. Her calf is only two weeks old so I hope she can hang on for a few months. We were going to use her as a recip cow for an embryo this spring so that won't happen.

Dh hauled 40 of our lambs last week to be sheered. We have several people lined up to come to look at them for 4-H projects this week. Some have gotten too big. Our deceased ram's genetics must have helped lambs be "easy doers" Some already weigh 100 lbs which are too big for 4-H projects. Last year they were too small - always something!

Well need to go - too many things to do again. And tomorrow we are going to my sister's house as my nephew is making his First Communion. You all have a good weekend.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!