First cuckoo.......and

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

lots of other good things in the country today :)
I also heard skylarks and a nuthatch and there were lots of interesting plants

there were white 'bluebells'

Thumbnail by philomel

........and something I don't remember seeing before - white Cardamine pratensis/Lady's Smock/Cuckoo Flower. In the photo there's some of the usual pale lilac coloured one in the background, just about visible.

Thumbnail by philomel

The bluebells are beginning to flower and in a couple of the woods I was in there were carpets of Allium ursinum/Ransoms/Wood Garlic as well

Thumbnail by philomel
Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

did I hear Bluebells being mentioned? LOL

These shots were taken in Dublin Botanic Gardens on Monday.

Thumbnail by mark

and a wee bit closer. Dont you just love 'em yet so many people treat them as weeds

Thumbnail by mark

Those are lovely shots Mark
Most of the woods here are carpeted with bluebells. Here's one I was putting dormouse boxes in. It felt all wrong to crunch them underfoot, but it was completely unavoidable as you can see
This is the wood where the white one was growing

Thumbnail by philomel

what I hate to see them lying along paths and trails becaise people have picked them and then cant be bothered to carry them

Thank you Philomel, the white is beautiful.

Ramsons are a pain on dairy farms, they make the milk taste like garlic. (blech)

Mark, very pretty too, the pickers have probably found that the flowers wilt quickly.

Never thought of that Baa. Being a bit of a garlic fiend that might suit me quite well, except I don't use milk. Would be the basis of a wicked savoury sauce though!

Used to really annoy me to see people picking bluebells and pulling great lengths of white stalk so the bulb was ruined, but they actually seem to take notice of the law round here now, and leave them alone

Oh, did you see, I put the white bluebell in wild plant forum for you too Baa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.