Thursday, April 24

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hello farmers. Yesterday was so beautiful! I worked outside all day, got a bunch of my vegie garden planted, the yard got a haircut thanks to my hubbie who was motivated to change the oil in the mower and decided to warm it up by mowing for me! Now I have 2 wheelbarrow loads of clippings to use for mulch, but I may have to put on my rain gear to do it. The clouds and rain moved in overnight. Yesterday I soaked pea seed that needs to get planted today if possible. We do need the rain so even though I don't like getting wet (and cold) I sure won't complain.
Some of the annual weeds are getting ready to bloom, and the quack grass is several inches high. I yanked out several Scotch thistles yesterday. There is so much to do that I already have the feeling that I will never catch up. Anybody else?
The weather for my weekend ride is forecast to be showery. Riding in the rain is not a lot of fun. I'd probably feel different about that if we had warm rain.
Every day I look for the baby owls, so far they are staying hidden. I did see Mamma Owl on a branch about 30 ft from the nest hole this morning, or maybe it was Pappa Owl. One of these days those little guys will come out and I'll get some pictures. They are so cute I can hardly wait to see them. By my calculations they should be about a month old by now. Yesterday I hoped to see them out sunning themselves but they stayed hidden.
Now I see the rain has stopped and it looks a little brighter so I'll go plant the peas and spread that mulch, then need to get the trailer ready to go for the weekend. Breezy also needs a run but if I don't get him ridden today I will take him to the ride instead of Bullwinkle. I would like to win the high mileage award with him this year so that would give me a chance to get a few extra miles on him.
Have a great day, count your blessings.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!