New Member from Oregon

Hillsboro, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi Everyone!
I am a brand spankin' new member and very new to this whole talking on the computer stuff too. I am very excited to learn more about plants and gardening, altho I just dabble and enjoy. Would love to talk to all who reply. Thanks,
Tallen62

Hi again, Tallen, we met in another forum and I'd like to welcome you doubly to this great garden!

Hillsboro, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi whiterose.
I guess I picked a pretty boring user name huh? I was just going with my e mail name kinda, but I should have picked something like "Thorny Mama" or "African Violet" or even "Silly Lilly"! I guess I can change it if I want; I'm just goofin' around.
Hey, I read that some people have trouble getting the pictures to shoe here. I am having that trouble too. Do you get them OK?
Also, what are your favorite plants to grow in CO?

Tallen, here's a link to the Dave's Garden forum, which is the area of this site specifically devoted to operational issues and questions concerning DG: http://davesgarden.com/f/dg/

There are three threads on the DG forum devoted to the photo-loading issue. I do have a problem with images not loading, but perhaps not to the same degree that some other members do.

My DH and I have a shade garden now, thanks to the neighbors' large fruit trees and our fully-grown aspens! We don't have a square inch to plant in any longer, but our 1/4-acre is very pretty and filled with lilacs, forsythias, hyacinths, tulips, bleeding hearts, honeysuckle, grapes and wild roses.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hello and welcome from the other side of Oregon. Although we live in the same state our climates couldn't be more different. There are a few DG members in your area, one near Mt Angel named Lenjo. If you would like to contact her go to the membership list and click on her name, you will then see how to send her an email. She has met others in your area.

Hillsboro, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi MaryE;
I lived up your way for a couple of years, in LaGrande.We liked it and only went to Baker a few times. I also have family in Hermiston. They've lived there since 1979 and I go there quite frequently. I am going there today as a matter of fact! Hopefully, I can escape this RAIN!!!
Yes, Lenjo has written to me already, thanks.

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Welcome Tallen! I live just a few miles from Lenjo, but I work in Beaverton! It's so nice to meet you! You will love DG, everyone here is great!

new york, NY

hi Tallen welcome

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Hi Tallen and welcome to Dave's Garden, I'm not too far from you, just across the river...

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

2 new oregonians this month, WHOO!!! the pacific northwest is taking over!!!

MERCER, PA(Zone 5a)

A belated welcome Tallen62......not from "Thorny Mama" , nor from "African Violet", but from "even Silly Lily" !! LOL

SL

Hope you love it here. Wonderful Folks !

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

tallon - welcome to daves garden. its a great place

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Hi Tallon, welcome to DG from the next state over from you. I used to live in Coos Bay, Myrtle Point Pendleton, and then Nyssa before we moved across the Snake River to Idaho. My hubby still works in Oregon and I hang out here taking care of my Mom.

We come to near your area at least once a year so maybe we can meet sometime.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Tallen62, You are just a few miles southeast of me. I am in Vancouver, WA. I am a pretty green gardener.Daves is a great place to get all your answers and tons of encouragement. I keep saying the spring/summer of 04 is going to be GREEN!

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Sorry so late but WELCOME TO YOU TALLEN 62! Glad you could make it. Boy are you gonna have some fun here, I know I am. Hope to see you in the forums and in the chatrooms once in a while at least.
Janet

Lakeview, MI(Zone 5a)

Waving to you from Michigan

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Another Howdy from Iowa

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Another belated welcome from Michigan, I have been remiss in checking this forum.
Have been playing with my experiments to much I guess.
Alice

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

Tallen62- a warm welcome from central Iowa!

Willamette Valley-OS, OR(Zone 8a)

Welcome Tallen62!

Glad to See Another Oregonian...
Here at Dave's!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

welcome from another michigander!!!

Johnston, IA(Zone 5a)

Add another Welcome to that pile Tallen62, and this one is from the frozen middle of the Great State of Iowa. You have come to a good place and are among friends here in Dave's Garden. The next best thing to gardening is talking about gardening, and we get a lot of that done 'round here. Welcome aboard!
Iowaron

Hillsboro, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi everyone. Gosh, I just read all my welcomes that you all wrote. I have actually been a member since last Spring. I really just joined because I love plants and flowers and don't know that much about them. When I first started reading everything on the forums and web site, I felt like most people were way more experienced than me and I kinda felt intimidated. I actually am not that good with the computer either.
I am just somebody who lives in a city of about 80,000. I don't have much room for gardening, and I don't know that much about it, but I try hard and I love plants and flowers. I have huge long needle pines all around my house and many established plants, which has made it hard to plant on my own.
I joined davesgarden just for advice and inspiration... Thanks for all who have welcomed me and thanks for those who have replied to my latest prob. with my yucca. Thanks, Tamara

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Welcome from another newbie Southern Indiana.. We are having fun and learning lots.
Found the first dandelion blossom today. Spring cannot be far away.

Thumbnail by LEEMARTIN

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.