Native Plants

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

These are trilliums and false rue anemones(I think), that are blooming in the woods at my daughter's home. She has about a half acre of woods, past the fence, and I have never seen so many beautiful wildflowers, blooming in one shady spot, in my life. She knows that I love native plants and sent lots of pictures today. This one is my favorite.

Dee

Thumbnail by DeeS
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Isn't it amazing what nature can do all by itself? The wildflowers that appear like magic in a shady forest are among the most delightful pleasures I can think of.

Lovely picture....so where are the rest? Come on...don't be holding back on us!

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Well........since you ask for them..LOL. These is dutchman's breeches.
Dee

Thumbnail by DeeS
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

She has 1,000's of these trilliums.....They are everywhere you step

Thumbnail by DeeS
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Just a couple bloodroot.

Dee

Thumbnail by DeeS
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

False rue anemone,I think.... and a couple daffodils

Dee

Thumbnail by DeeS
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Beautiful little ferns.

Dee

Thumbnail by DeeS
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

This picture was taken at a spot close to my house.These are Virginia bluebells(as far as you can see).When they are blooming it is such a beautiful site, that I take the back way(horrible gravel, pot-hole ridden road), to town and back,just to stop and enjoy. It so worth it!!!

Dee

Thumbnail by DeeS
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow! I enjoyed them all but those Virginia bluebells are marvelous!

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes, they are! They take my breath away.The picture doesn't do them justice.I passed them today, and they are at their peak, right now.Thanks, for the wonderful comments!
Dee

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

Dees, These are most wonderful scenes. Wildfowers in their natural setting! How lucky your daughter is to be able to enjoy them close up. Thanks for sharing with us!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Those are wonderful pictures! It's not very often you can see such beauties in a natural setting like that.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Great pictures. I do love those bluebells. I've ordered them from catalogs and just can't get them to grow. I think I have one left. Wouldn't I just love to have a scene like that on our property someplace? You betcha!!

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

That photo of the bluebells is enough to take your breath away. Just Totally Awesome. They are one of the first flowers I remember from my childhood.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

These are all gorgeous! As my yard is 99% sun, I miss out on a lot of the shade beauties. Wonderful pics!

Crown King, AZ(Zone 8a)

Your bluebell pic brought back childhood memories for me. My grandmother had them growing thick like that under the trees in west central Illinois. Thank-you!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Can you get your daughter to send you some of those trilliums? :)

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Carnyhoe....I sent you an e-mail.Thanks, everyone, for all the wonderful comments!

Dee

Penfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Dees I just returned from a trip to Baltimore. We hiked in a State Park - Gunpowder Falls I think and the bluebells looked just like in your picture. They are lovely. I also saw a yellow rumped warbler. Was a beautiful place to hike. I have lots of those false rue anemones, I didn't know that was what they were called. Thanks for the lovely pics.

I'm going to plant some blue bells. it will be early august when I get them iun, but I am already looking forward to the spring. We had so much rain this year.

Fantastic pictures.

Candace

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.