Celosia spicata, Pink Candle

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Last year SoCal sent me some of this seed and it has germinated really well and I was wondering if anybody has a picture of this or a link to this plant. My google search wasn't especially helpful.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

So MaVieRose, pink candle is the same as flamingo feather. I wasn't absolutely sure. Thanks for the links. BTW, nice to see your picture with Meiyu.Joann

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Joann, i do not know if they are one and the same. i have never grown them. i just did a search on google and the hyperlink i posted is the result i got. it's always a pleasure to be able to give a helping hand. yeah Meiyu stop over for a few minutes on their way to Santa Barbara. Happy Easter :)! ma vie

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

MaVieRose, I finally got into a website last night that I was able to access the day before and it does indeed look like Flamingo Feather and Pink Candle are the same or at least very similar.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Joann, glad u finally get to see pic of this plant. :)!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Joann,

Yes they are one in the same plant. Watch out, as you will have lots of these plants everywhere next year. hehe At least you know they will return even if you don't want them in certain areas. You will be able to recognize the little seedlings, as they are reddish in color, and just pull them out where they aren't wanted. I really like this plant, just wish I had more room to grow more of them.

Donna

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I am so glad you popped in here,Donna, as I haven't had a visit with you in a while. Those seeds you sent came up magnificently in my greenhouse. I transplanted oodles into larger pots. By the way do you have a picture you could email me of these? It seems like in photos you once emailed me that the picture of this plant was of pretty good size or maybe I am remembering something else. The boltonia I got from you is growing and the two salvias didn't make it. I was looking forward to the coral salvia but our winters are too cool/cold. Did the wallflowers ever did anything for you?

Yeah Joann, it has been a while since we've chatted. I'm so happy to hear that the celosia is sprouting for you, but I feel sad that the Salvias didn't make it. Would you like me to send you some seeds for them?

The wallflowers you sent me grew by leaps and bounds....come to find out, they were not the small ones I thought they were and outgrew the small space I had them in. I just dug all of them up and put them in pots until I could figure out where to put them, but within a 2 week period, they all died on me. I don't know what happened at all. They got yellow real fast, then brown and died. :-(

I don't know if I have any pics of the Celosia, but I'll check for you. The plants can get up to 4' tall, and 3' wide, with tons of pretty pink candles. I'll em you the pics if I find any, ok.

Donna

Joann,

Here is the best pic I can find of the plant, but I think you'll get a good idea.

Donna

Thumbnail by SoCal

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.