A Beginning

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I couldn't stand it any longer so I quit unpacking today and went to the nursery. I picked up 3 flats of white allysum and 2 of mixes shades of purple and lavender to line the edges of the borders and fill in between the containers. Rocy soil but it seems rich so it ought to take off and fill in very quickley. And in a protected area like my little garden it acts as a perrenial here so it should look good year round.

I also picked up a pink pelegonium, creeping phlox-red wings, crystal palace lobelia and trailing lobelia, dragons blood sedum and a pink daisy that did not have a name on it and a small trellis for my miniture climbing rose (carousel)
Oh, and two dianthus in light pink and dark pink.

I got it all home and realized that I forgot to pick up potting soil and compost for the planters. Guess that means I will have to force myself to suffer through going back tommorrow ;~)

I really wanted a dwarf Japanese Maple but they wanted almost 60 dollars for a very small one in a 1 gallon pot and I just can't afford it so I will have to hope they have a sale on them at the end of the season.

Wow!! was it great to be planting and growing and getting dirt under my nails again.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Sounds like you got some really nice stuff :o)

Happy planting!!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, I got my Japanese maples! They had them at Costco and Bob bought me 2 :~) That man spoils me....and I like it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.