Trumpet vine-campis

west allis, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi , I'm looking for a rooting of the trumpet vine. Any color. Do anyone have one?

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi Babs.....we're practically neighbors! (I'm in Franklin). I have a yellow trumpet vine that usually sends out some runners that might be rooted (never really checked) We'd have to wait and see when they start popping up, but you're welcome to have 'em if you like!

Sandy

Grosse Ile, MI(Zone 6a)

I just bid on a job to get rid of someone's trumpet vine (I believe red). Since it has traveled all over her yard, it must be pretty easy to root. I'll let you know -- but its not supposed to be hardy in your zone. Are you planning to treat it as an annual? That may be the best thing, as I read the horror stories about how difficult it is to contain this thing.

west allis, WI(Zone 4b)

Its gonna be in a protected area and I'll cover it in the winter and everything. I use to have one but my neighbor use some chemical spray on his side of the fence and I think he killed it. {the jerk! } So I was going to plant far away from him.In a protected sunny area by the house.

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

I have a trumpet vine, but I don't have anywhere to plant it. Do you have anything to trade?

west allis, WI(Zone 4b)

Celia, I have lotsa regular seeds {flowers }. But I also have a 2 year old yellow buckeye tree that I grew from seed. Its about 8 inches tall, and has good roots. But its not in leaf yet cause the weather here has been cold. Or else??? What are you looking for?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Is campis the one that has orangey blooms? I had planted one here many years ago. The thing took off amazingly fast. When the guy behind me saw it he had a fit. He said a neighbor of his daughter had one and it took over everyone's yard on the block. He was so upset that I had planted it that I ripped it up. I could not believe it for it had sent runners down along the fence that went the full length in such a short time. I was glad then I got it out before it had really taken hold.

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

babs, You can have it for SASE. Just let me know if you want it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.