Nelly Moser up a crabapple

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm going to send ole Nelly (clematis) up a crabapple tree. It should be wonderful when it gets another year or two on it.

Thumbnail by hczone6
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

That will look great. I love it when people have clematis growing in other plants. I think it's really pretty planted with climbing roses.

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

I think this is the perfect vine for this sort of thing because it's small and easy to deal with if it goes where you don't want it.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Nelly Moser is one of the prettiest clematises, what color is your crabapple? I have a darker pink one blooming now and later I have one called Bechtel that will bloom, it is lighter pink and double blossoms.

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

This is the crabapple it'll be climbing....

Thumbnail by hczone6
Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

And this is the clematis from last year...

Thumbnail by hczone6
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Yummy, like a flower parfait. :)

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I planted Clematis vitacella Polish Spirit by Viburnum prunifolium 'Black Haw' not realizing that the Black Haw is slow growing and Polish Spirit is quite vigorous, so don't know if that will work. Donna

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Progress! She's worked her way up about 4.5 feet now :)

Thumbnail by hczone6
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Go clemmy, go clemmy, go clemmy, go!

Athens, PA

hczone6

Do you have any photos that are more recent than 2003? I'd love to see them.

How far away from the roots of the tree did you plant your Nelly Moser? I want to do this with a couple of dogwood trees in the spring. I'd appreciate any pointers you can throw my way.

TIA,
Carolyn

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes, I'd love to see a more recent photo! I didn't notice the date and it excited me to see that the couple have years have passed, so she will be lovely this year, eh? Pretty please, pictures?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.