keyboard freaking out unless i use Fn key

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

i don't know what happened, but my keyboard has changed to where certain keys don't type what they're labelled as (or don't show up at all) unless i press and hold down the Fn key while i type that key. What happened and how do i fix it? i'm using Windows XP. i checked the accessibility features and rooted around on the microsoft.com website ~ no luck.

To demonstrate the problem, i'll retype what i wrote above without going back and fixing the letters with the Fn key:

d6n't 2n6w what ha**ened, b4t 0y 2eyb6ard has changed t6 where certa5n 2eys d6n't ty*e what they're 3abe33ed as 6r d6n't sh6w 4* at a33 4n3ess *ress and h63d d6wn the Fn 2ey wh53e ty*e that 2ey. What ha**ened and h6w d6 f5s 5t+ '0 4s5ng w5nd6ws X*. chec2ed the access5b535ty feat4res and r66ted ar64nd 6n the 05cr6s6ft.c60 webs5te ~ n6 34c2.

Thanks y'all!!

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!