April 4

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi all, I've spent the last two days in hospitals. On Wednesday, my dad had an aortic aneurism repaired and he is doing remarkably well. Stan and I went up to sit with mom during the surgery until we had to leave so Stan could get back to his cows. Yesterday, I had my gallbladder removed, which also went well, and right now, I'm a little tired and all the little holes they poked in me to get it out are sore, but I feel quite well considering!

I will have to put off any real gardening for awhile, but I have lots of seeds planted and seedlings growing, so I will keep busy.

Jean, I hope your DH digs your holes, too, although dinner out is fun. And don't let Nebraska Jewel's crack about my skinny butted animals fool you - we've got some lard butts out there! I guess suet butts would be more appropriate terminology.

Lisa, there is nothing better for kids than to be involved in raising animals and knowing where their food comes from. I bet Sally is having a ball with all those babies. We are having a run of bull calves, 8 in a row. Maybe it's the weather. I have some lettuce ready to harvest - in the plant room! lol

Guess I'll go rest a bit before the grandkids get here to catch the bus. Have a good day.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!