My new "Toy" weeder

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

While browsing in the Boise Flower and Garden Show this weekend I happened upon the booth of a garden tool that I already had two of each size called the Winged Weeder (two of each size because I was tired of my DH taking my tool to use for his own uses). While looking past that booth to the next my eyes were drawn back to another tool put out by the same company. It is called the Precision weeder and it is not much more than a inch wide tool with a chunk taken out of the center of it. It is to be used for weeding in lawns or gardens and with it you can get right beside a plant to remove a weed without disturbing the plant itself. I bought one and brought it home and showed it to my DH who promptly took it out and removed bullthistle from about an acre of ground in aproximately a half hour! Today I used it to removed dandelions from the lawn and I am now convinced that we also need another one of these so that I can use it from time to time. My DH was really wanting to use it again for bullthistle removal from the pasture since he finds it nicer to use than a shovel. It is a great tool for disabled or able bodied people.
Try http://www.wingedweeder.com/

barrington, IL(Zone 5a)

your hyperlink didn't work for me(stupid webtv). do you have a website address?

Hi nicksgrammy,
Sure do, www.wingedweeder.com We have now tried most of their products and are sold on all we have tried. Lifetime warrenty on all the metal in them too.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Those look pretty neat, Lani. Something I really like is our "can-dig-it" shovel from J&P. I'm not sure who the actual manufacturer is on it, but it's a short spade with a toothed/serrated edge on it. Works great in clay soils!

Kimberley, I'll bet it does.

The plain winged weeder and the junior slip easily under the soil to cut the roots of the plants and the Presision weeder just cuts the roots down really quite low so I don't think there will be growback of most weeds. :)

Another nice thing is that after four years of owning the large winged weeder and three years of owning the jr. I have never had to sharpen them. I use them in gravel driveways and sandy soil and we have no toolshed so they stay outside all year too.

Kimberley, your tool sounds really good too. I am sorry I didn't reply to you but I guess I didn't watch this thread. Dumb me. LOL

My DH found another use for the winged weeder Jr. this week. He used it to scrape the ditch for our new pond to make it smoother to lay the conduit for the electrical connection in it. He needed a small sharp tool to get through the tree roots. It worked well for him.

I used the winged weeder today as an ice scraper for my sidewalk and it worked really well. I only wish this tool would do the dishes and clean the toilet for me.

Coopersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

i just 'found' the telesco weeder [and it's baby cousin the garden bandit]: it is extremely light weight; telescopes to the proper length depending on your height or whether you're standing or sitting etc; has a great grip.

handhelpers, Good to see you here! I haven't ever seen you around the garden.

My telesco weeder kept collapsing when I was digging. I gave up using it because it was too hard to keep together when I needed it the most.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.