New Louisiana member

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I would like to welcome Louisiana SweetPea to Dave`s Garden.I know you will enjoy it here. There is always help and advice and some big hearted people on here. Feel free to jump in with both feet.

Welcome to the best gardenspot on the Web, LouisianaSweetPea! I know you'll love it here.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Aiyeeeeeeeee! Sorry, couldn't resist (you can blame justmelisa, from Thibodaux). Nice to have you here, and happy belated birthday, by the way!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Welcome to Dave's Garden.. You will love here, too. I am from Sulphur La, too!

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I ALREADY love it here! What a great place!

Mary, I got the seeds today and am thrilled to death! That was so very kind of you. Thank you!!! It's like Christmas in March and I can hardly wait to get them started.

I'm so happy to have found such a nice gardening community with people from all over the world, and am also glad that there are some Louisiana gardeners here too. The information on the Internet concerning Louisiana gardening is very scarce.

Always having dreamed of living in the country or on a farm, the 'Farm' board is a goldmine. Now I can happily settle down in front of my computer and read about farming experiences and how people's day went.

The biggest goldmine here, though, is the members' wealth of experience and their willingness to share that knowledge. All I have seen here has been friendly and open and delightful. I'm in Heaven!

The plant-trading boards are wonderful too and provide an opportunity to obtain seeds and plants that one might not otherwise be able to get where one lives. A very big plus is having something that someone else grew themselves (I like the "passalong" plants tradition -- it means more if given from someone's garden).

I like to experiment with plants that are NOT supposed to grow here. I have just received a lilac bush and three perennial sweet pea plants. They will all probably croak in the intense heat and humidity here, but hey, I'm gonna try anyway.

Enough rambling....but again, thanks to all for the warm welcome! -- Jean

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hi Jean, I already met you on the farm forum. I hope your lilac makes it, I have several of them, I think they are impossible to kill here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.