recent temperatures

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

over the last few weeks N Ireland has had temperatures betweem 14C and 16C every day mainly around 14C.

It was on our local news today that the average temperature for us in March is only 8C!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

8 C right now in shade, one day it was 10,5 C for a while. Very warm in sun. http://davesgarden.com/t/376571/

Sun is already rising earlier in Lapland than here, and days are getting longer and longer.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

We've had a cool wind most days, despite the sunshine, but today has been a scorcher - definitely shorts weather except i was climbing through brambles as usual lol
It went up to 19C in the shade!

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Oh wow..yesterday I was in shorts again. It's already warm enough in my backyard. During daytime in the sun temp. was 22C. Today it was cloudy and we had a few drops, but it's still 16C now at 7 p.m. Everything grows fast in the garden now. The Lillies show their noses. I'm glad they survived the -17C temps last winter :)

Nothing unusual here. We had a cold spell a week or so ago which induced flowering on the Blackthorn and now it's gone back to being pleasantly spring like.

Neither Ash nor Oak are showing buds yet.

mentioning Ash and Oak we have a rhyme over here about them but I dont know it all

Oak before Ash, we're in for a splash? soak?
Ash before the Oak, soak/splash?

Ash flowers are already open over here

If the oak is out before the ash,

Then we'll only have a splash;

if the ash is out before the oak,

Then we'll surely a soak.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

So in Ireland the ash always comes out before the oak?
;)

seems that way

15C here; but cold nights. Looks like the spring finally arrived, but this winter was the worst I can remember. I think a lot of plants died here, unfortunately.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.