any spare unusual melon seeds?

Hamilton, Canada

I would like to try some different types of melons this year. Does anyone have a few seeds to share for SASE? I didn't know they took so long to grow so I didn't start them early enough...never ended up with any fruits. refrigerator type watermelons with orange, or yellow fruit. any unusal tasting melons would be great. i started some cantelope so i have those. if i don't get some watermelon fruits or melon fruits this year i'm going to be on my grandbaby's "poopie" list...lol.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Luffas & gourd seeds only. Available for SASE if those interest you :)

Skowhegan, ME(Zone 5b)

Hi Morph, this is a long shot but do you have any gourd seeds left? any type at all would be appreciated, I am getting some from another member here but it sure wouldn't hurt to grow some extra's while I still can get around.I will be waiting for your reply,Thank you. Respectfully, Little Hawk.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Yep, all sorts really. Let me know what you'd like and with an SASE, I can get you some :)

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Joydie,
Do you still need seeds for melons? I must have been hungry for melon when I ordered seed..I have five different kinds of watermelon, and gala, and canteloupe....I would be glad to send you some seeds.
Let me know

Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

Morph, any Luffa seed left? I´d like to get few.
I soo those in shop but they cost some 6€!
very expencive....

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh, yes, Mitjo! Tons! I'm sending some out tomorrow and can send to you as well if you email me your addy. I would be so happy to share these since I saved so many. Here's a thread about them from last year's experiences :)

http://davesgarden.com/t/345232/

This message was edited May 21, 2005 2:48 PM

Joydie1, have you ever tasted the "golden melons" from Chile? We live in NB, and recently bought one of these giant golden yellow melons just to try it. Flesh inside was very white, and the taste was sweet, sweet!! I'm not a real melon liker, but this was so good I got excited. I saved the seeds, and tried germinating some, and they all sprouted, when put in a warm place. I don't know if this melon is a hybrid, or what it's botanical name is or anything, but am going to try and grow some this summer. If you want to try to, send us a SASE.

Hy Joydie,I have canary melon seeds ,honey cantalope,and orange meat honeydew.I am sure it would be easy for me to send you some.I have star watermelon but have planted them all.But next year hopefully i will have lots of those seeds.

Lake Elsinore, CA(Zone 9a)

Littlehawk,

I have zucca seeds, canteen, small handled dipper, medium bushell. I originally bought my seeds from Harry Hurley. Good seeds. But these I have from my gourds. Let me know. Jul

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.