Dale Earnhardt

(Zone 5a)

A friend of mine is a die hard Earnhardt fan so I did this one for him. As you can see I need to do a little more work with my lettering.

Thumbnail by windsurffer
Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Nice tribute to My Man!

(Zone 5a)

So your an Earnhardt fan? I am not into car racing but I do think he was cute.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Have not seen a race since he passed. :0(
He was a great man,father and competitor.
I have enjoyed all your art!
I'm Chippewa.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I think this is a great tribute to Dale. I love racing. When I was a kid I used to race cars every weekend in the spring/summer/fall. Fun and more fun. If my Mother had known what I was up to it wouldn't have happened! Our community had a drag strip about three miles from town so we would go out there and race. :)

root, my SIL is Chippewa also.

(Zone 5a)

Root I am so glad that someone else beside myself enjoys my art, thank you.
Are you full blooded Chippewa? I am 1/4 Choctaw.

Ponditis I have seen so many car and motor cycle accidents when I was a child. I remember a man that was thrown form his motor cycle, his shin bone was sticking out the front of his leg I went and held his leg still and talked to him until the emergency squad arrived.
I also seen a lady hit a man's car from behind while he was sitting still at an intersection waiting to make a left turn pushing him into on going traffic. The car in front of us hit him so I went to see if he was bleeding or just to calm him down telling him that he was going to be fine and the emergency squad was on the way, he died of internal injuries while I was talking to him. All I could do was stand there and cry, I have never felt so helpless in my life, I was 22 at the time of this accident and I have never forgotten it. so you can have the car races, I'll stick to the drawings.

Smilin, I know what you mean about seeing or hearing of terrible accidents but the majority of them happen in public and not at the track. If there are accidents at the track they seem to be less serious for the most part because there are such precautions taken now in racing. I got over my wanting to race early in life and am now a very cautious driver. But I still love to watch the car races (mainly drags). I don't think that will ever leave me.

I want to try carving and painting some gourds this year. I have a few ideas in mind so I sure hope the gourds that I plan on planting make it and dry well. I have never grown or decorated gourds before so this will be a fun experience for me.

(Zone 5a)

I am glad that you've gotten over your racing days *giggle*
Good luck with your carving and believe me you can do it.
I just started drawing, burning and painting gourd in detail this past Nove. Last year I painted some swans but that wasn't that hard or detailed so if I can do it you can to. Let me warn you that it is addictive everything you see you will want to put on a gourd, it is also relaxing.
Since I have a small garden I only had about four apple gourds that dried and turned out ok but did get about 10-12 egg gourds. Most of the gourds I have posted here is ones I bought but I do have a few from a couple years ago only because I didn't know what to do with them.
Oh by the way go to your local library they have a couple of books on decorating gourds to get you started, they even have some that will tell you how to grow and care for them.
Have fun and I can't wait to see what you do with your gourds.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Windsurfer,I'm not full blooded,I have some french in there,my relation were voyagers,from northern greatlakes area,My DD just got me the coolest poster yesterday.she knows it is either Earnhart or Indian,LOL.I'm easy to please.

(Zone 5a)

That makes us even I am not full blooded either.

neither is my SIL as her Mother was a half-breed. Her Father was also a half-breed. That is what they called themselves too. I don't know if it is politically correct these days.

My Mother was head of an Indian orphanage during WW2. She took care of Sioux Indians in South Dakota. She and Dad had their honeymoon in a teepee. The Indians did kindof a chivaree for them. Such fun for a newly wed couple from another culture entirely. Dad became the Priest for the tribe as he was newly ordained.

(Zone 5a)

Wonderful story.

:~)

Wonderful job there wind.
I am totally amazed at the wonderful work that you do on gourds and anything else that you do. Fantastic! Just fantastic!

(Zone 5a)

Remind me to slip you that $20 spot for saying that *giggle*
I have been able to draw pictures from photos since I was about 15 but I still need to learn more about decorating gourds, that's a whole new can of worms.
I am really glad that you like it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.