Update on Seed Shipping

Tokyo, Japan

As of March 16:

Over 125 packs of Morning Glories, shipped from Tokyo to the USA via "special freight" (Japanese EMS) have managed to make it through with no adventure.
http://davesgarden.com/fp.php?pid=491717

Good luck everyone!

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

That's great Lophophora. 125 Packs are a heap to get through!

Thanks and good luck to you too!

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

That is impressive.

Was it ( the package), declared as containing seeds?

Tokyo, Japan

Hi Cristina!

Actually, on the customs label I put "Japanese Engei" which wasn't a lie, really, because it means "gardening supplies" - it just wasn't too helpful....

;)

Saya - where is "Zone 8b" for you, if you don't mind me asking?

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

That's the girl! Good on you!

Me too. I'm never too helpful

Tokyo, Japan

Thanks Christina!

Only.... LOL......I'm a boy....

;)
;)
;)

Hi Lophophora, I live in the very south of the Netherlands, close to the German and the Belgium border. I'm born in Indonesia though. I came here as an infant with my Dutch father and Indonesian mother. Gee..that was really smart of you to write "Japanese Engei" on the customslabel!

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

WOW ! The net and gender ! Blamme me.

I've got nothing against boys, least if you're a gardener.

Please to meet you and .... now I know better!!!!Well Lophophora please to meet you ,now as a boy!

Tokyo, Japan

Saya - you're so lucky to live in BulbLand!! The only good bulbs here in Japan are the ones....imported from Holland!

Cristina - nice to meet you too!! I've wanted to visit Chile for a long time now, and was actually planning to when I was in La Paz 4 years ago - but unfortunately the ferrobus to Arica wasn't running due to a landslide or something :(

To the both of you: if you need anything only found in Japan, please let me know!!

Nice to meet you too and thanks Lophophora for your offer..and if you (you too Christina) need something from bulbland just let me know!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

All bulbs sold here are from Holland..

Got any Acidanthera http://images.google.com/images?hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=acidanthera&sa=N&tab=wi&lr= bulbs there? :)

Hi Evert, Yes I've bought some (12) for 1 Euro in the local DIYshop a few weeks ago. A bargain I thought. I've already planted them out. Should I send you some Evert?

Are they so cheap? Could you buy me a bag and send me if I'll send you some €uros?

I'll look if they still have them at the DIYshop for that price. I thought they are cheep too. Mostly they cost twice of the price. I'll mail you again Evert, but consider it as already send Evert.Still have your addy! I have so nice memories of Finland. I don't know anymore if I've visited Espoo but sure I've visited Mitjo's town near the Russian border:)

Okay, thanks :) If you find any, just sent in in 2nd class/standard mail, it is cheaper, and let me know how much to send postage, or, if I could send something to you. Anything you miss from Finland? =)

Did you visit a place called Tapiola? It is a place in Southern Espoo.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Isn't great ! This is a good International Cafe.

Saya, you will not beleive this but Holland buy an awfull lot of flowers and bulbs from Chile and I CANNOT buy then here. The Sandersonia bulbs are grown in comercial greenhouses in Aysen, the same with oriental lillies and canna. All these bulbs go to Holland...

Sophora I'd like to get native Japanese flowers if possible perennial , I have some nice tree seeds natives of Chile, I have been a bit short of time and I have not up dated my seed list but the offer is there , the same goes for you Saya and everyone.

Evert soon we're going to have the fruist of the Araucaria and I will send you some, they're big seeds. Your address is the same , isn;t it?

Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

Lappeenranta........nice to hear that:)
do you liked the town?

ps: Araucaria from seeds? are they hard to get germinate....?=

This message was edited Wednesday, Mar 26th 8:25 AM

Cristina, yes, my address is still the same. :)

Saya, when you send me something, put the postal code like this: FIN-02940 -The Netherland's post uses country codes in mail sorting.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Mitjo, please to see you around here.
The Araucaria seeds need to be fresh and they will sprout.
You'll have to be careful tto put them in the soil with the sharp arrow end down into the soil and that's all.
If you do not position them well, they will never sprout.

Evert, that is fine . ASA I have the seeds . I'll send some.

If I do not post here and respond is due to lack of time and not because I'm rude. I do love you all!

yes, I think it`s first time in International trade forum....
:]

Hi Evert, I've bought 12 Acindanthera bulbs for you. They still had them for 1 Euro. I'll mail them tomorrow and I hope they'll arrive safe. I don't know anymore if I 've visited Tapiola. More north of Finland was my goal and the lakes. I can remember I've visited Lapeenranta. Yes it's a nice (middle big)town Mitjo! The Russian border was impressive (and a little scary). Could'nt take any pictures of it because it was forbidden to do so.

:D Thanks! Just mail them by the cheapest way and write the postal code like I showed. OK? Let me know what I can send to you now.

I think it was the Soviet Union border when you were there, wasn't it?

middle big tow.....sounds funny...
little slip, little slip.......they say in border....pikkulappu, pikkulappu on russian-dialect..

This message was edited Sunday, Mar 30th 11:19 PM

Mitjo..I can remenber a parc in the towncenter..but I'm not sure if it was Lapeenranta. My trip was about 30 (!) years ago..so I can't remember all of it.
Evert..your bulbs are in the mail. I hope they'll arive safe and when they do please mail me.
Saya

I will let you know. Thanks again.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Can I legally ship Marigold seeds to So Africa??

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.