Does any grow Tuberosa?

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

I know it's supposed to be tender, but it does well in my garden. That and Crocosmia "Lucifer". Last year, I moved them both and just lost the markings when I removed my mulch! The leaves look very similar anyone know how to distinguish between them without digging them up?

They smell sooo heavenly! It might be something I could trade but would have to wait till fall ):

Wish I could help you out on this; but I just bought a couple packages of the 'double pearl' Tuberose over the weekend and have yet to plant them.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I have a fair size clump of them. Will share for postage. We live in central MO. They didn't bloom last year when I had them in a pot above ground. Guess I'll sink the pot this year.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Leaflady, do you have a pic of the leaves,or remember what they look like, or when they came up by chance?

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

If I remember correctly, the leaves are straplike but not long enough to fall over like the Peruvian Daffodils. Since they are in large pots in the house during the winter they start coming up in April or sooner. The bulbs aren't very large and grow in clumps. Does this help?

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

My problem is that they are similar to the Crocosmia, and I don't know what's what--duh--I have oodles of both.

Mcallen, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi for some reason I had never noticed this thread- tuberose are one of my all-time favorite plants.

As leaflady said the leaves are moderately strap-like but not really wide, and they are upright.

Love, Lavanda

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I got five bulbs this year and am trying them in pots for the first time. They are in the GH for now hoping that last snow didn't bother them. Of course if it did, they are in there with good company all my begonias and peruvian dafs.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

I started to order some of these the other day from one of the garden web sites. I think they are so pretty!
Be sure and post a pic when they start growing!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Will do molly, got one pot that I loaded with them and it is in the little GH right now. Finally hit 75 yesterday and will again today. Hope we don't go back to 35 like they are calling for next week! Crossing my fingers LOL!

Mcallen, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, yes, Molly they are beautiful...but the cent is the THING! These are often used in bridal bouquets in Mexico
because they are white, beautiful, and have a wonderful perfume to them.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

O Lavanda hush!!! You are going to make me start begging for one of these!! I never seem to have enough white color in my garden and here you are telling me there is one that is white AND smells wonderful?!!!! Hmmmm might better start a plant hunt for one!

Mcallen, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, SORTA white....the single-flowerd on is here

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/458/

but the double one is more of a creamy white with purplish narrow lines/streaks.

I just saw some today (cut ones) in the grocery store. The
doubles resemble hyacinths, but the buds never totaly open.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Simply beautiful!! That would make a wonderful addition to anyones garden!

Holualoa, HI(Zone 11)

What do you feed Tuberose?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Since they are not hardy here, I grow them in gallon pots, maybe 6-8 to a pot and throw in a handful of Osmocote. They may get hit with a dose of Miracle Grow depending on where they are, but the Osmocote alone seems to be plenty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.