Friday , March 7th, 2003

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Mary, you had a rough night from the sounds of it. I don't think I could handle that schedule anymore. Did once upon a time, tho.
KathyJo, I think I can confidently say that you do NOT want to go that far in debt for a tractor at your age. Neither do you want to commit to that much work as you get older every year. Trust me, honey, the older we get the less we feel up to doing. Your back problem also puts you at serious risk for permenant reinjury which could leave you a parapalegic or worse. I'm sorry to be a wet blanket or rain on your party, but some of these things we have learned the hard way or watched someone else learn the hard way.
I worked a few extra hours yesterday. The bosses had had a lot going on in their private lives and were just too tired to get all the dishes, pot & pans, silverware, etc. washed to say nothing of clearing out the 'fridges. After a while they were just overwhelmed with the workload & needed someone else to come in and help them. Actually they just tell me what needs to be done and leave me alone to get it done. I had it all washed up, put up, and ready for them to open up this morning by the time I left yesterday. I'll go in again today but it won't be the work it would have been if I hadn't gone in yesterday. I'm so glad for this little job. The bosses are all such wonderful people.
The weather is suppose to be nice today and tomorrow. Since we will have to be out much of tomorrow picking up food for the Boy Scouts and a prictice ride in the afternoon, I'm thankful for that. Then it is likely to get nasty again.
Have a good day everyone. GOD bless and keep each and all of you.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!