Snowdrop day - good luck Mark

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Hope the rain holds off tomorrow Mark and that you do not get trampled underfoot!! LOL
Im sorry I cant be there but my health is not good. Will hopefully make it over soon.

Have a great day. Hope it all goes well.

Annette

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

well it went fantastic with 112 people attending. I big THANKYOU has to go to Philomel who helped wheel barrow loads of gravel and lay Mapex (sp). The guy who was to help didnt come as he had to go to work. Friday it lashed all day. Saturday was light rain followed by a very warm day followed by torrential rain. Today, Sunday - the open day, was brill all day.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Yes, it was a really good day thanks Annette. It was a shame you were unwell and unable to come, so many plants to see and interesting, knowledgeable people to talk to. We started off in Mark's garden with the plants so close that comparison between the different snowdrops was obvious even to an untrained eye. I was amazed at the variety of leaf shape and colouration, let alone the differences in the flowers. He's created a most unusual and fascinating garden.
Then we went on to three more superb gardens, each with their own character, oodles of snowdrops in variety (and other things of course) - and were fed soup, sandwiches and cake washed down with endless tea and coffee LOL. (Well it helps to keep up the stamina)

It was a miracle that sunday stayed fine right through and allowed us to enjoy the gardens to the full.
We hope you are on the mend and will soon be fighting fit again

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Thanks for that Philomel. It sounds like I missed a real treat! I was really hoping to make it but I have been ill now for the last 4 months and my recovery has not been as fast as I would like. I am really hoping to be there in June though even if someone has to help me be there. I wouldnt miss that for the world!! lol will you be there also? it would be good to meet you.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

I am going out to see Mark in June, but it's a bat orientated visit. I don't know which event you are hoping to be at out there. Do let me know
Hope you're well enough for it any way.....you have a little time yet to recover.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.