Twins!!

Morris, IL(Zone 5b)

Has anybody had this happen before? I was transplanting some seedlings when I found this set of 'twins'! At first I just thought they were two seeds growing really close together, but no. They really did sprout from the same seed! Kinda fun!

Thumbnail by naturepatch
Watervliet, NY

That is COOL!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

That is interesting. It looks like those two will grow as seperate plants once they shed the seed coat. You'll have to keep track of them when growing them out. I wonder if the plants will be identical... as in identical twins?? Do you know what the parents are?

Hilliard, OH

That is Cool! Please let us know how they do over time. Are they identical, ect.

Morris, IL(Zone 5b)

I'll keep you posted. Both are growing quite nicely. And they do look like they will split when the seed falls off. What fun! Another backyard science experiment! This is mom, which arrived mis-labeled. I believe it is Praire Blue Eyes. Unfortunately, I did not keep track of the other side of the parentage. I was mostly messing around to see which plants were the most fertile. I figure I can make a good guess if they ever bloom though, as I didn't have that many varieties blooming last year.

Thumbnail by naturepatch

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.