February 24, 2003

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Good Morning All,
Winter is back here. The ground is covered with about an inch of snow and I am back to breaking ice.
I am off my regular job today because of my new schedule. I am really liking it so far.
Went to an elderly neighbor's for lunch yesterday. She knew I wanted a start of one of her flowers from last year, so she presented me with the seeds. One of them is a summer poinsettia. I have the botanical name written somewhere. Hope I can get it started here.
I have been enjoying everyone's pictures so much!
Lisa, How are the goats doing? How much longer till you have kids? I'm thinking soon? Nubians correct? They look so different than my LaManchas! My newest baby LaMancha is two different colors of brown. He looks so different than the other babies. His mother is a lighter brown than him. I think I might keep him.
The cattle were glad to see me with extra corn. They have snow covered backs. I may make a different pasture the winter pasture next year. Although there are valleys in this pasture they really aren't blocked from the North wind.
The male cardinals are quite a contrast to the white snow. They wait patiently for the livestock to leave the feed bunkers to do the spilled corn cleanup.
I need to write a few e-mails.. My good friend at work today is signing on a house. She is so excited she is about to burst.

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!