Need info on these 2 tree seeds.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Tallow tree....anyone ever grown them from seed? Any tips or hints??
Also Indian Bean Tree. Need tips and hints for growing these also.
Any info will be greatly appreciated

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Mollybee
I am growing the catalpa (indian bean tree), you just lay the seed pod on TOP of the soil, mine sprouted in only like 4 days and I have nice little leaves already.
you can search the web for the Catalpa tree, you will like it, we have them all over OH.
Great luck growing them, sorry I don't know about the other one.
Laurrie

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Mollybee,
I have the Chinese Tallowtree all over the place...About 40 years ago my grandmother got seeds from her sister and planted them, they are now all over the neighborhood where she lived..Here in GA they are considered a weed tree, so be careful..The woods surrounding our farms are full of them now..I love the ones here in my yard, but hate that they have spread so badly..They can choke out natives..They are in the same category with the Chinaberry, which I also have..The Tallow(popcorn tree) is pretty all year long, the seed pods the popcorn seeds, and the red/yellow foliage in the fall..They sprout without any help at all..Have to decide if you want them all over, which won't take long..One more good thing, the birds love the seeds..So go figure, one of thos things you just have to decide if you want or not, lol
Larkie

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks ya'll!
Now I am undecided about the Tallow tree. I think I like it, but I don't know if I want it everywhere!!! Just might have to think about this one for a while lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.