Hello everyone

Whittier, CA(Zone 10a)

I dont seem to be doing this correctly yet! I am in zone 10, Southern Cal. I have Five cats, three dogs, a wisteria not leafing out yet and making me nervous, thunbergia grandiflora, miniature roses, annuals, plumeria, hardenbergia, hybrid loquat tree, two nectarine trees, a dwarf lemon, two lavendar lady lilacs, and a number of containers. Just made a red white and blue container with anemones. I also have freesias popping up, ranunculus, lobelia, kangaroo paw in a pot, snap dragons. Some sweetpeas but not much there yet. I have red cosmos seedlings coming up. Hope they really are red. Also belong to two local garden grounds a garden group in my local city, and one further away starting a web site shortly as "LAGardening". That group has some really impressive people in it.

Welcome, bonnieallmine, so glad you came over to the Welcome Mat forum! My name is Bonnie, too, and I also have a wisteria that doesn't bloom. Folks tell me that it can take a long time -- hope both of them perk up and bloom for us!

Whittier, CA(Zone 10a)

It bloomed six whole blossoms last year, and I bought an arbor just for it, so it BETTER bloom!

Whittier, CA(Zone 10a)

It bloomed six whole blooms last year (it is young), and I bought an arbor just for it, so it BETTER bloom!.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

A big Ky welcome Bonnieallmine. You will love it here.There is no correct way to do anything around here you just go where your mouse leds ya. lol I got your email will be writing ya back. Again welcome.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi Bonnie,

Hello neighbor!! You are only 30 miles north of me, as I live in Huntington Beach. I have been here at DG for over 2 years and love it...love it. You must have a pretty big garden area to be able to plant some of those large items. I have a tipical CA garden lot, not to big...but I have done alot to it in the past 2 years.
So where are your gardening groups? I'd like to hear more about them. My life right now is all about my gardening and I love to share plants with others too.

BTW, you asked about the word Hyperlink on the other thread, that means that if you click on the word 'Hyperlink' it will take you to the site the person wants you to see. After you've viewed the site, click the close box at the top and it will bring you back to the original thread.

Hope to see and talk with you around here more,

Donna

Dover, NH(Zone 5a)

Welcome Bonnieallmine! We first met over in the Pets forum. I know you will love it here...everyone is so nice and supportive!

Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Hello from NY! I'm new too, and have also sent the same message twice as well as spent an eternaty trying to up load a pic of my dog, it never worked! But hey have fun anyway.

Crossville, TN

Hi Bonnie...I don't know why Whittier, Ca keeps ringing a bell in my head...Do I know someone from there....a cousin? I Do have LOTS of cousins. Since I PLAN to visit SoCal at a future date, perhaps I will get to meet you too....I hope so. Anyhow, just make yourself at home here...you'll learn to navigate in no time! Jo in Southern Arizona.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Bonnie You are here already! Welcome to Daves,have fun,jump in,post Photos!,it is pure fun here!
Welcome Welcome!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

bonnie welcome to daves!
As for your wisteria-when i got mine it didnt do anything-someone told me i need to spank it-so i did.
I hit it with a wire rake and scratched it up a little-it took off and i had to build a very sturdy arbor last yr.
so give it a lil spankin! ;]
have fun here at the best lil garden site on the web!
dori

Crossville, TN

Dori!!! Is there a group for Wisteria Abusers"?? LOL Now I would have never have know to do that...but I do think that sometimes a wee spanking brings a child into line!! LOL Jo

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Jo i thought it was crazy-but after i gave it a good raking it took off and started growing!
;)

Crossville, TN

LOL May the force be with you! Jo

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Welcome Bonnie, I spent a month in Whittier about 20 years ago...The people I was staying with had an avocado tree, and we ate avocados every day....what a fun time.
Sounds like you have an impressive collection of plants.
If that wisteria doesnt bloom, plant some passionvines around it to give you some blooms till the wisteria blooms, it can take years for it to bloom. (if you want some passionvines, I have some started that I can send you)

Hope to see you around.
cheers
pebble

Montezuma, NM(Zone 5b)

Welcome bonnie,
came across you on another thread, what a nice place to come eh?

Roadrunner, do you know Richard Nixon? He's from Whittier hehee

Whittier, CA(Zone 10a)

Kokopelli, that is kind of mean reminding me of Nixon. There is even a short street named for him here! Kind of funny, as well. He was actually born in Orange County, but grew up here.

Island Jim is sending me a plumeria cutting. I am really looking forward to it!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Hi, Bonnie... welcome from Alaska!

Lake Elsinore, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Bonnie,

I am also new to daves. Whittier, well, you have simular conditions as I, maybe not so severe. My wisteria (I can see it from here) has just gotten some buds. It is 2 years old. As for the blooms, well, be patient, if you pruned it correctly, all should happen in time. Wisterias just get better with age. Most of the pictures you see of wisterias are older and well kept with long flowing blooms. In this case, the older the better! (Yea!!!)

Welcome to Dave's!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.