Silverado

(Zone 5a)

This little beauty belongs to the Franklin Park Conservatory and is named paph.maudia sliverado am/aos.
Since I am not sure if I should enter a new listing in the PDB I was wondering if someone here could tell me, should I post it under one of the orchid that are already listed or start a new thread?

This message was edited Friday, Feb 21st 3:20 PM

Thumbnail by windsurffer

Windsuffer

I've not heard of this one so I'll do a bit more searching to find the listing. It looks correct but it's a Paphiopedilum maudiae, many of the Paphs we buy in GCs are P. maudiae.

You can certainly enter it into the PDB as a separate page :)

(Zone 5a)

Thanks I think I will wait because all the information I have on this plant is listed above and I know that is not enough. I did a search on Google but couldn't find any info on it and I don't have a clue what the am/aos means?

AM/AOS means the Award of Merit from the American Orchid Society. It's a flower quality award it needs to have gained 80-89 points to have the badge.

HCC/AOS is the Highly Commended Certificate and the flower must gain 75-79 points for this

FCC/AOS is the highest quality flower and rarely awarded as the flower needs to have gained 90-100 points for this award

(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the info I had no idea.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.