A trip to the Crescent City for Mardi Gras and/or etc.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a pile of stuff here to take with us, and I'm ready to hit the road. Let's see, I have lots of coffee beans and a coffee maker and grinder, plenty of cups and good water, sugar and real half-and-half for those who require it, some assorted snackcakes and other goodies. Some old clothes for schlepping around in, some of my vintage hats and clothes for dressing up along the way and when we get to French Quarter, lots of ziplock bags and some tools to dig stuff we find along the way. A whistle in case we need to locate me. A pile of pillows so I can keep my doctor happy by elevating my legs. Piles of pills, same purpose. Address labels, can't remember why I thought they would be a good idea. CD player and some music. Just wait until you hear my Scottish tunes! Don't look at the case of that one, it's private stock. Some seeds to trade if we find anyone interested in my Texas wildflowers. A list of excuses to give my kids when I don't come home when they think I should. Directions to get outta Texas, it takes some doing. Fifteen pairs of shoes, to allow for the different sizes my feet insist on being. Same for those clothes, all of which have lots of soft elastic in strategic places. A bag of kerchiefs to tie my hair out of my face so the wind can blow without me caring. Scissors to cut my hair when kerchiefs don't work. Bowl to use for the shape, and we can also use it for popcorn if we get a chance to plug in the microwave I stuck in the pile. Lots of wetwipes. Mosquito spray, some stuff I made up for repellent. It's got a lot of stinky stuff in it, I figure the skeeters won't like it. Oh, and I did bring a few saltines and some cheese. And Euell Gibbons' book so we can eat weeds and things. (I won't mention my bag of Snickers.)

This thread has 59 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!