Duty cycle timers

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

I am assembling a small aeroponic unit and am in need of a duty cycle timer to cycle the misting pump on and off (on for 1 min./off for 4 min.). Does anyone have knowledge of a source for this type of timer that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

New York City, NY(Zone 6b)

Please tell me some details:

1. The scale of your aeroponic install ( number of plants).

2. Watts / Amps / GPM of the pump.

3. Any other duty~cycle equipment such as periodic PH / EC metering, CO2 sampling or generaton (thus need for multiple discrete cycles off same timer)?

4. 120V or 220V service?

Adam.

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

My system will be 8-10 plants, the pump is rated 170 gph (~3gpm) @12" lift (1/125 HP) 120VAC. The pump is the only item to be cycled. (this will be a low ampere draw application)

By the way, I use this:

https://www1.fishersci.com

Once at the site type 06662-7 into their search field.

Adam.

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

Adam. Thanks for the info. I think you must have missed the part about the arm and the leg though. lol What do you use yours for? Hydroponics?

Yes, the timer is expensive. Let me explain why...,

First, what constitutes one cycle: ON..., count time period..., OFF..., count time period until next ON signal. That's one full cycle.

Second, if you are watering 8~10 hours a day, you will have 96~120 duty cycles during your watering period.

Third, once that set of cycles has concluded, you want another duty cycle, which will be OFF for the appropriate period, until it is time for the watering cycles to begin again.

Fourth, this is about 680~850 actual duty cycles per week.

I have never found a ONE DAY timer that offered the features you are descibing in MINUTES, only in hours. As we know, minutes matter in aeroponics.

Before buying this timer, I owned another one that cost not quite half the price. The programming was so complex and the quality was such rubbish, I will not even tell you the brand name.

I've done and am doing home scale hydro, aero, semi~hydro. I make my own hydro nutrients, not aero. I strongly recommend you use comercial aero nutrients as particulate size is critical, and it's nearly impossible to get the materials into perfect solution without industrial equipment.

Adam.

hemet, CA(Zone 9a)

need timer 1 minute on 4 minute off.. any body have one
or know where get for less then $80.00 THANKS

Thumbnail by larrym
Kingwood, TX(Zone 8a)

Buy a DIG model number P510.075 battery operated controller.
Cost me about $60.00 US but was well worth the money. Works like a charm.
www.digcorp.com
Bob

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Bob, I'll look into that.

Skyeblu

Humansville, MO(Zone 6a)

Sky if you are still looking for more informatiom if you get into springfield on the corner of kansas expressway and i think college It is in an old feed mill and they have plastic up on the side by kansas so it is hard to miss
They work with different types of hydroponics and seem to be willing to help kansas is 13 coming into town from the north edited because i left half of the thought out

This message was edited Oct 17, 2003 4:54 PM

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

dave719, I know the place! Drive past it just about every time I go into Spfld. Thanks for the tip, I'll definatly check it out.

By the way, do you live right in Humansville?

Humansville, MO(Zone 6a)

No were south and east of town about 4 miles as the crow flys about 9 mile by road it's 9 to to humansville and 10 to bolivar We have a 40 arce hills side here mostly brush

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE RIGHT IN THE AREA THE TORNADO WENT THROUGH. DID IT DAMAGE ANYTHING AT YOUR PLACE?

Humansville, MO(Zone 6a)

We had a little it got two homes just on the next ridge north of us and one on the ridge south It pulled a few shingles of mothers place i replaced them in 3 or 4 hours We have 4 or 5 trees blowned down on the back of our place we got lucky

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

You sure did!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.