Yard birds

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Last evening I had the pleasure to see many birds in my yard. Since I didn't know what they were, I looked up some of them in my FF birds book and found out I saw Thrashers, a Red Bellied Woodpecker (in my birdbath!), Grackles and many others I haven't identified yet. What a great spring this will be.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

They are really getting active now, aren't they? I can hardly keep the feeders full! I've been watching Woodpeckers and BlueJays in particular eating acorns from the ground. Piggy BlueJays swallow them whole...I have pictures, aren't you surprised?? I was debating a thread here in Wildlife or over in Photos...

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Wow, whole acorns? Yes, do some pics, either place will be fine. More people will look at photos I think.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

Spring is on it's way ladies. I saw just in a 5 minute time period: a flicker, either red-headed or downy woodpecker, a mockingbird (singing for all he was worth in my sumac tree), a bluejay, a cardinal, pine warblers, and mourning doves. The yard was just alive with chatter. I just love this time of year :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.