Whatzit going to be??......

Crossville, TN

I got this gourd from Morph...I have about decided what I am going to try to make it inot...but what do you think it should be??? All suggestions greatly appreciated. Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Jo, it looks like a Pear to me. Are you gonna make it look like a juicy light green pear?

Donna

Crossville, TN

nope, Donna.....Jo

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

I can see this painted up as a light bulb or as the outer doll of one of those nesting (?) European dolls [depending on your painting skills :)) ]

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Turned upside down I can see you painting on two eyes, nose, some hair and the long thinner part would be the beard of an old guy. (don't know what the stem hanging from the beard would be...food caught in the beard?) :>)

Crossville, TN

RA49....Painting Skills?? None...just a "copier" and try to copy what I see...Thanks for the ideas though... Jo

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Not very original but it would make a cute little bird house to match your kitchen.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

RR, just found this thread. I bought a Brazilian Musical gourd from eBay. Mostly because I thought I could copy the design. I'll post a picture of it though it may not be very helpful. It's just an idea. Not necessarily for this particular gourd.

Thumbnail by Morph
Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

And another view...

Thumbnail by Morph
Crossville, TN

What does it do, Morph....?? Jo

OK Jo, when you going to let us know what your making out of this gourd?

Donna

(Zone 5a)

Hey Jo you can make an angel or you can make a water bottle. These are the ones that I have been using to do all kinds of different things, let your imagination go and then go for it. Here is a photo of my water picture and it isn't hard to do.

This message was edited Thursday, Feb 6th 12:26 PM

Thumbnail by windsurffer
Hampstead, NC(Zone 8a)

I made a wood burning of a chickadee and a titmouse on my little pear shaped one. Woodburning, painting and glued feathers :-)

Thumbnail by belledonna
Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Jo, when you turn the handle, the seeds inside sound like rain. I really like it except for the manual cranking. I'd like to add a homemade battery system to crank it for me. Then, I could listen to the rain as I fell asleep :)

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Mercy, ya'll are so talented. (Can you actually use that water bottle, wind?)

(Donna sure jumped on the gourd wagon, didn't she? I can see her whole placed covered in gourds this year!)

Hampstead, NC(Zone 8a)

Yeppers :-) It's amazing how these little gourds have been such a help to me! I wanted to do it a year ago, bought the seeds watched them grow, dried them, learned how to paint, learning how to wood burn, and Magically I'm an artist! And it all started with a dream to have gourd bird houses for my blue martins!

(Zone 5a)

Yep you sure can Shoe you can use a butcher's block sealer so it is safe to use for food or water, or you can just use the old fashion way of soaking by adding baking soda to the water soaking them over and over until the water no longer taste bitter, Of course you have to clean them first.

Did you know that a lot of African and Indians use these for water bottles and bowls. When the bottle starts to sweat it actually keep the water inside the bottle and cool, many people now use canteen gourds as watter bottles on camping or hiking trips. I am going to attach the top back on this on to keep bugs out and to keep the water cool.

Donna is doing a great job with her gourds and has made some beautiful items. Shoe you should try and get in on the band wagon you'd be surprise what you can do.

Donna I think Jo is going to make us wait until she has it finished.

Hampstead, NC(Zone 8a)

Crossville, TN

OK...I'll tell...It just came to me when I saw a Christmas card with a QUAIL on it....I love the Gambel Quails in my yard...and the shape is just right~

I went to a Festival at Tubac (artist colony type place) today...one lady from LeMoore, CA had the most beautiful gourd art!!! She used the small beads and had them worked into the gourd...like Native American stuff...WONDERFUL! Jo

(Zone 5a)

I am looking forward to seeing and thanks for letting us know.

That is perfect, can't wait to see the finished project.

Donna

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

Yes, that sounds perfect and be sure to let us see the end result. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.