Hello everyone!!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi from Oregon! nice to meet you all, I'm thrilled to have found this site! I'm still trying to get my journal set up, and learning how to navigate...right now I'm trying to figure out how to "unwatch" a thread...I'll figure it all out eventually! :0) (didn't there used to be a tutorial?)

I bought my first home (finally) last summer and I'm so excited about finally having my very own dirt to play in!!! My yard is basically unlandscaped, so I'm going to be busy this summer trying to figure out what I want to do with it! I'll have lots of seeds and baby plants to trade this fall, I'm busy propagating everything I can sneak a cutting from! I can't wait! Now if I can only get my puppy from attacking the shovel every time she sees me with it, I'll be doing great!

Caren

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi from Georgia Carena! I'm new too!

Dover, NH(Zone 5a)

Welcome Carena! Hello from New Hampshire! Used to live in Oregon....miss it so much! You'll love it here!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Welcome! The second line on a thread has a Watch/unwatch button. Just click it either way.
ßernie

Hello there, Carena, and welcome to Dave's Garden! So nice to make your acquaintance.

Crossville, TN

Welcome Carena...you will make lots of good friends here...and wonder how you ever got along with out this garden!! Jo...

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

Welcome Carena..keep us posted with your progress. Post a few pics..cj

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6b)

Welcome Carena. This is a loveing family you have joined. I hope you enjoy the joyful and compassionate fellowship of DG

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

Carena
welcome i am new but i wanted to tell you that you will LOVE it here it feels like family.everyone is so nice
wanted to know if you are looking for any plants or seeds?
WELCOME
moretz

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

welcome Carena........from the coast of B.C., Canada...you'll love it here! great fun! Elaine

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you all for the very nice welcome!! I'll try to get some pics up as soon as I can, I am LOVING this site so far!

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi Carena - welcome from New York City where gardens grow between slabs of concrete :-). I look forward to seeing pictures of your gardens as they grow. Take pictures before and after and show us so we can applaud!!!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Padre, my "before" will just be a straggly lawn with a couple rhodies and some ancient lilacs! not a bad thing, at least I don't have a bunch of stuff to tear out or relocate. I try to think of it as my "clean slate". I didn't have a chance to do much last year, just some sweet peas & annuals, I think I have a pic somewhere...I'll have to look around for them. I'm having a horrible time deciding how much lawn I need to tear out to make some planting beds...partly because it's such hard work and partly because I keep coming up with new ideas!

Willamette Valley-OS, OR(Zone 8a)

((((((~~Hello Fellow Oregonian!~~))))))

It's so Good to see a few more Oregonians...Here at DG. You are going to have a Wonderful Time Here!
Now get the Ole Shovel out and start Digging through this Wonderful Site...lol.

((((((~Welcome Caren!~))))))

ZZ.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Carena, Welcome, we are almost neighbors. I live zone 5 in northcentral WA. Just south of Canadian border at Osooyos. I don't think there are a lot of Wash. members in DG. They don't know what they are missing. rutholive, (Donna)

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hi from Oregon's dry side. Most people don't even realize Oregon has a dry side.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Welcome Carena..
I'm in Ontario Canada
You mentioned Sweet Peas on another post..and now I want to grow some too!
Cheers,
Carol

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi ZZ, Donna, Mary, and Carol! I love this site, I've already learned a lot! I'm attempting my first "lasagna bed" It's going to be fun to see how well it comes out. Yesterday I made a bubbler fountain off my patio, and moved about 30 wheelbarrow loads of worm bedding into the back yard, I should have giant muscles by summer- either that or be in traction!!! We have self-propelled lawn mowers, why doesn't someone invent a self-propelled wheelbarrow???

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Carena..good luck with your lasagna bed..oh do I remember pushing that wheelbarrow! I have heavy clay soil..so I tried the lasagna method..have a look..you can see the newspaper sticking out around the edges..it worked quite well I think.
Easier than digging up the grass.
Cheers,
Carol

Thumbnail by Starzz
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Welcome, neighbor, by the looks of this we could almost have a west coast roundup. Would love to meet you sometime like at Al's Gardening Center there in Woodburn. Have you been there? They have beautiful stuff.

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

That looks great! I worked way too hard today, next time I'll do it smarter. My bed is about halfway done, boy I went through a lot of paper! I ran out and ended up tearing the pages out of some old phone books! my daughter thinks I'm crazy. A couple more layers and I can sit back and relax! (HA HA-I'll know I'll just start another project, I need to make about a zillion trellises for all the vines Im going to plant this year.

Bismarck, ND(Zone 3b)

I'm new here and still have to post on the welcome mat. Can someone tell me what the heck a "lasagne" bed is?? I looked at the pic posted here, and yes I can see the newspaper, but it still doesn't tell me much???

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Hi snorb...DG has a neat little place to find such information out.Go to the right hand column and there will be a box that says Search Dave's Garden.Type in lasagne bed and everything that has been said on the subject will pop up.There are so many threads on so many subjects,this makes it easy.

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes Lenjo, I shop at Al's quite a bit! Maybe we've seen each other and didn't know it! I'm sure we will get to meet soon. I'd love to see your farm!

MERCER, PA(Zone 5a)

Welcome Carena from clear across the country in Pennsylvania.
How fortunate you are to be able to start your yard efforts now. We will have to wait until mid April before we can have a go of it....that is if all our snow is gone by then.
By the way, they do make a power wheelbarrow. I think it's made by the DR Company. Unfortunately, if memory is correct, it costs over $1,000! Maybe closer to $2,000.
Be good and teach your little dog to pull wheelbarrows instead of biting shovels ! :)
Ron and Gloria

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

We've been really lucky this year with the weather. It's been really mild. I love the idea of getting the dog to pull the wheelbarrow, I might have to think about that!!!

Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

Welcome Carena..........I`m been only little time in here.....too.
flower for you.

Thumbnail by Mitjo
Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Mitjo, that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

it is:) I`d wish it be mine.....but that flowering in Botanical.
ps: please fill your personal info.....they are so nice to read....

mt vernon, WA(Zone 8b)

Welcome Carena!! From one newbie to another.How far is Woodburn from Eugene? Or what is the largest city close by your place? Oregon is so beautiful, so is Washington.It's raining right now and I envy you being able to get your hands in the dirt.Good luck with your new landscaping project!!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Mitjo, I will, I never seem to have enough time to play on the computer, between the job and kids and everything else!maybe this weekend....
Laralyn, I'm right in between Portland and Salem. You will really like DG, it's a wonderful place, I can't say it enough!!!

yes, I do=)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Hi, Carena. Just wanted to give you an official welcome to Dave's from Alaska!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks weezin! The seeds you sent are doing great! Thanks you again! I love it here, I've learned so much and everyone is so friendly, I've told a lot of fellow plant addicts about the website!

I went to a farm yesterday and got a big bunch of horse, sheep and llama poo for my lasagna bed, I am so excited about all the flowers I'll have this summer! I might have to make more beds for all the seeds I've sprouted! I can't wait to get everything planted outside, but I have to wait til the end of April!!!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Ah, you'll be ahead of me, Carena! I can't set plants out until the 1st of June!

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

A big welcome from Ky.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.