Please, NO MORE Lawyers!

New York City, NY(Zone 6b)

Q ~ How do you define double jeopardy?
A ~ When a lawyer calls in her partner.

Upon seeing an elderly lady for the drafting of her will, the attorney charged her $100. She gave him a $100 bill, not noticing that stuck to it was a second $100 bill.
Immediately the ethical question arose in the attorney’s mind: “Do I tell my partner?”

Q ~ What’s the difference between a cat and a lawyer?
A ~ One is an arrogant creature who will ignore you and treat you with contempt unless it can get something out of you. The other is a house pet.

Q ~ Why are there so many lawyers in the U.S.?
A ~ Because St. Patrick chased the snakes out of Ireland.

First lawyer: “Unmitigated liar!”
Second lawyer: “Lowdown cheat!”
Judge: “Now that the lawyers have identified themselves, let us proceed.”

A slightly unsure witness to a car crash kept saying things like, “I think the light was yellow,” or, “I think it was still raining.” The cross-examining lawyer interrupted, saying derisively, “We don’t care what you think. What do you know?” The harried witness paused for a moment and then replied, “Then I may as well leave the witness stand. Since I’m not a lawyer, I can’t talk without thinking.”

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!