When do birds start to build?

Ellabell, GA(Zone 8a)

I have a bunch of trees marked to be cut down, some are dying and others are just too close togheter. It just hit me that I might be in a hurry to get it done, before the building starts. It's the BF's job and he don't have much time, but if the birds could get in trouble I better get him moving.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi PL, I've been noticing the male Mockingbirds starting their aggression and displaying with other males just in the last week.

Ellabell, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh my, I better get to it this weekend. I saw to male Cardinals get in to it just yesterday. I wouldn't have thought about that being a prelude to nesting if you hadn't brought it up.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

My cardinals are looking for nesting sites in Zone 9A. They were checking out the Walter's Viburnum I planted next to the crepe myrtle they nested in 3 and 4 years ago. They left that nesting site when cat got the nest and babies. You can still see the claw marks on the trunk of the tree where the cat jumped/climbed the trunk. We were very sad to lose the baby cardinal. They got one baby successfully raised there. Maybe they will like the VIburnum better. I sure would like to be able to watch them raise their baby through the window again. That was really neat.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.