New Kid on the block !

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6b)

Hello. I just joined this happy family today, Sunday, January 26. I feel the truth to the statement that there are no strangers, just friends we haven't met yet. I've been browsing the site and love it. As a newbe I have much to learn but am enjoying the lessons on every page. I just assumed responsibility for the gardens surrounding this old stone building next to Fordham University, Bronx, NY, which is an infirmary for old and sick Jesuit fathers. I hope to offer some 'garden therapy' for some of the men who are ambulatory and just make the Bronx more beautiful a flower at a time. I built some seed starting racks and sweet talked the biology department at the university into letting me make use of their roof top greenhouse ;-). The first advice I received was to pull everything up. What returns are the weeds. What comes next? Sixty years ago I spent summers working pulling weeds on a flower farm in NJ. I'm now in my second childhood. Having Fun Luv ya, Padre

Hello and welcome to Dave's Garden, Padre! Your situation at Fordham sounds ideal. There is such a wealth of information (of all kinds) on this site, I know you'll really enjoy it here.

Dover, NH(Zone 5a)

Welcome Padre from New Hampshire!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Waving hello from KY! Welcome Padre! I'm one of the few 'veggie folk' here. I've done some work in assisted living homes with veggies and it's always a hit.I'll send heirloom tomatoes for your gardens if you want.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Hello from the midwest. Hope to see you around on some of the forums real soon.

Crossville, TN

Welcome, padre....sounds like you hit in the right spot to help you with your plans....Enjoy!! From An old lady in Arizona. Jo

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the welcome folks. Feel right at home. Melody, I appreciate your offer of tomatoes but I am staying away from raising vegies this first year. Besides, I'm sure the college students would swipe them before they even ripen. Been belly laughing at the jokes in the humor forum and adding a few of my own. Just warming up.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

Welcome Padre from Minnesota. Looking forward to reading about your progress

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

Padre, welcome i am a newbie too.they have made me feel like i have been here for years already i need to go check out the joke forum sounds intersting.
welcome and enjoy!!!!!

New York City, NY(Zone 6b)

From one FUV listener to another...

Welcome...,

Wink, wink.

Adam.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

A big welcome from Ohio! I am a volunteer with a local herb garden (public) and we do some work like yours: we help people in nursing and assisted living homes with the grounds. We learn as much (or more) from them than they do from us! Ah, the joys of gardening :)

Since you love the Jokes forum, jump into chat on Tuesday evenings for some really good times. A lot of the jokesters are on there then. They always brighten my day

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Welcome Padre, from Florida. What a big, exciting mission you have undertaken.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Welcome from the great, cold state of WI. Sounds like you have your hands full of wonderful gardening opportunities.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi, Padre! I just saw your post in the prayer request forum and realized you were a new face here - welcome!

Practically my whole family is here at DG...My husband is Howie, my mom is Lotusblossom, and my aunt is Whiterose. The latter lady is from Colorado, but the rest of us are all huddling for warmth here in Ohio. ;)

Welcome from all of us and God bless.

Mcallen, TX(Zone 8a)

Hola Padre,

We are so glad to have you, and I hope you will love it, I do! May God bless your work.

Love, Lavanda

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Fron newby to newbie. welcome, and keep us informed about your work. It seems like their are lots of folks here with the desire to teach and help. Think I could get addicted!!

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Welcome Padre! sounds like you will have your hands full, you have quite a project lined up for yourself....

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome from Michigan, brrrr it is cold in our state...but this is the warmest site to visit.....hahaha

Diana

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi Padre, from down South in Georgia!

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

Welcome from another New Yorker. Used to live in Riverdale 1 1/2 years ago. Your so lucky to live so close to the New York Botanical Gardens!!

Make yourself at home here!

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Welcome Padre..it will be fun to hear how you "Grow" in your garden there in the Bronx.
You will find lots of help from everyone here.
Cheers,
Carol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.