painting decorating questions

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I know some of you are experts and painting and redecorating... me, well, I've only painted one bathroom on my own ideas.

I've asked the leasing office about painting, and here's what they said.. "It's okay to paint as long as I return it to the original when I leave. If I don't, the painters may charge me a fee to return it to the original." The original is a flat white white white (very bright, and when I tried to match it for small repairs, I couldn't find one bright enough).

The theme colors for decorating in my apartment is red, white, and denim blue. I want to paint my master bedroom. There is wooden furniture in there, along with a navy blue bedspread (reversible to red), and navy blue tabtop curtains. I'd love to put the hint of an American flag (not perfect, nor one hung on the wall, painted freehand faintly) above the fullsize bed headboard.

Does anyone have any good ideas for paint colors that are easily covered later on? I'm not interested in a wild, bright red jungle-looking theme. It's the bedroom, and that's why I have navy blue and not denim blue in there. I want calm, relaxing, but not so light it looks like little blue sissy fairies live in there. :)

Any and all suggestions are gladly appreciated..

Thanks,
(signed interior decorating challenged) Jennifer

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!