Green Anole

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

and Bidens seeds

Thumbnail by Floridian
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh I love that perfect picture come out so great, love it.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks RR, He's a cutie isn't he? We were walking down an old dead end dirt road in central Florida when we saw him.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I love those little critters! It's neat to see one that's not just stretched out sunning, but actually engaged in an activity. Great shot. :)

Ellabell, GA(Zone 8a)

Great photo. You should make a calender or a coffee table book of some of your photos.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I think this lizard's activity was 'people watching', wondering what we were and what we were doing. LOL
Thanks PL, someday I'll figure out what to do with them!

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

I love these guys. We have a lot of them here. When it's really hot I spray the ivy on the house so they can get a drink without drowning in the dog bucket. I was really excited when I caught two "doing the do" on film. Female started out brown and finished green. LOL

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

How fascinating! So if Weeds and I come visit we can watch movies too??

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I'll bring popcorn.

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

LOL...no movies,but maybe real life. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Have you seen the picture of the grasshoppers I posted?

Right now there are lots of "my" winter birds here...goldfinches,yellow rumps,pine or yellow warblers (I don't ID well),sparrows and wrens. My yard looks like it's covered in snow from all the birdie poop!!

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

Was this guy actually eating the seeds? I would expect him to eat insects, but not seeds! I didn't think the anoles were omnivorous. Course as cold as it's been the last few days (no grumbles from the people up north allowed!), he's gonna have some slim pickin's for insects. They're all hiding out trying to stay warm.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Ginger...this picture?? http://davesgarden.com/t/228112/
Your grasshoppers look like aliens. Incredible picture!
BG, no he wasn't eating seeds. This picture was taken in October when Jo and I were out along an old 'go nowhere' road in central FL. I think he was just watching us

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Yup...that's the one! Took it with my 35mm which I need to get back to,but the digital gives instant gratification.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.