Cool Climate Seeds

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I'm not Canadian, but I live in Seward, Alaska. I'm a USDA zone 3 with cool soil and rainy summers. It's difficult to trade seeds with our fellow members in the lower 48, since our seed needs are so different.

I've got lots of seeds packaged up and ready to go, and I'd like to get some different kinds of cool weather seeds. I'm always interested in Campanulas, Primulas, Dianthus, Aquilegia, Lychnis, and others I can't think of at the moment. If you have a similar climate and might like to to some trading, just send me an email and I'll send you my tradelist.

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

It is a shame that we Canadians can no longer send you guys plant material. We likely have things the most suited to your Zone!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Yes, I don't want anyone to get into trouble. I, too, have lots of young plants come spring that would be good trading material, and all of them are for cooler climates. Ah, well, things may change or I may get daring... who knows!

I think seeds are fairly safe, aren't they? I send to Europe without problem. I always use bubble wrap, and I pack the seeds so they don't rattle. I claim them as collectibles.. which, of course, they are! In the long run, I guess we all have to decide what we are comfortable in doing, and the rest of us should respect that.

dobie, ON(Zone 3a)

Hi Weezingreens,
I have some of everything that you listed, but don't know if they are the right varieties.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Hi, Trailingon! We've traded before. You sent me some wonderful seeds. I'll send you an email with my trade-list, and we can correspond that way to see what each of us could use. Thanks!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

I'd love to help too Weez - I don't really have any cool season stuff. Now if you wanted to try brug seeds I'm your girl.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I don't think I can try brugs until I get my big greenhouse going, but I might call upon you then. I can grow some warm weather annuals if I start them early enough. If you think you can grow any of mine, send me an email and I'll send you my trade list.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.