source for Tilia petiolarius

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I have a Tilia tomentosa and love it. I am planning a new area, a woodland. And I really want a Tilia petiolarius. I went to Google and the only source i found was Blue Bell Nursery. It may be a UK nursery, there was no address. Has anyone heard of Blue Bell Nursery? Donna

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Ruth, Forestfarm has the T. tomentosa, plus several other varieties: http://www.forestfarm.com/search/search.asp?aPage=1&index=genus&field-keywords=Tilia&Go.x=11&Go.y=13

Also, try getting a catalog from ArborVillage. They don't have an online catalog, but at one time they offered T. petiolaris :)

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

go.vols
Thanks for your help. I Emailed to Arbor Village to see if they carry Tilia petiolarius. I bought my Tilia tomentosa from FF. Donna

Ruth, while I was at it, I emailed ArborVillage for a catalog. There are only two comments about them in the Watchdog, but there are eight comments on the Plants By Mail site, and all are positive.

Within a few minutes, I had a reply, assuring me they'd send me a catalog - woohoo!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

go-vols, As I mentioned earlier I tried to get a catalog from Arbor Village. My Email didnot go through. Please what address did you use. Thanks, Donna

Ruth, I used the one in the Watchdog: Arborvillage@aol.com. Going through my in-box, I discovered I contacted them around Thanksgiving but never got a response; the message I sent the other day got an almost-immediate response.

This company has an impressive list of positive comments in the Plants By Mail site - I think they're missing the boat by not having a web presence. Ah well, maybe they're getting there slowly but surely.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.