A question about bats

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

Where do bats go in the Winter? I haven't seen any, I miss the bats, I think it's fun to throw a ball in the air and watching them swoop, in the evenings. ;~) Who else likes bats?

Toston, MT(Zone 4a)

I love bats. And I love the willies they give me when they don't like my presence and dive bomb me. They don't think I should feed the horses after dark I guess.
I also love that they eat the little nusiance insects like mosquitoes and knats. The more bats the merrier (just as long as one doesn't come in contact with me while doing a vertical above my head).

Richfield Springs, NY(Zone 4a)

A lot of them migrate to southern states. Here's a link with a lot of information http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?eu=108391

Mark in the Uk forum is an expert on bats michele, he recently did a lecture in south Africa on them, know all about them i think.

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks so much for the link and for telling me about Mark of the UK I'll have to get an email off to him. I spotted my first bat of the year on Saturday , May 26

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

I love bats - well, not when they get tangled in my hair which happened a few times when I was a kid - eeech! The bats here in Austin migrate to Mexico in the winter. I wish I had more bats in my yard to eat the enormous mosquito population. Hubby and I are looking for a good place to put up a bat house since they don't seem to like our trees very much.

AnnMarie

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

We have two different types of bats here year round. During the winter they only come out on clear nights but they are amazing airialists and a blast to watch as the swoop in and out of clouds of insects that are attracted to the parking lot lights at work!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.