Hummingbirds continued

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

My hubby and neighbor put up the feeders, and I'm still waiting. I did see my first Monarch Butterfly on Friday.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

No sight of them yet for me either :-(

Cedar Rapids, IA

I haven't seen any hummingbirds in my yard but I am expecting them soon. Friends of ours have seen 2 in their yard in a neighboring town. The columbines are blooming and waiting.

I did see numerous large bees this past weekend flitting around the gas plant (Dictamnus albus.)

Richfield Springs, NY(Zone 4a)

I had one in the greenhouse about a week and a half ago.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm thinking ours appeared about 3 weeks ago. I should have written it down! This morning I watched two females sparring for the feeder attached to our office window; boy, those little things are ruthless, and can they ever body-slam! LOL

Our first one appeared yesterday.

Dave

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

I spotted my first Hummingbird on Saturday, May 26 and then later on in the evening I spotted my first bat also, I'm thrilled, and I have a little bird nesting on 3 eggs in my fern by the back door plus ALL my nesting boxes are filled this year. My husband put bells on our cats collars today, I'm so glad that he remembered to do that, because I had forgotten about the "early warning system"

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I finally put up a feeder for the hummers... best welcome mat I could do. Hope some come and visit here!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I think I saw my first one ever two days ago - it was so quick that I can't be sure - darted into the garage and out again. Hopefully will get round to putting out the feeders - almost done unpacking :-)

Iola, WI

Everything You've Always Wanted to Know About Hummingbirds, But Were Afraid To Ask!

I discovered this site a few years ago...It's amazing. Every year he does a migration map generated from sightings all through the spring. There are even archived maps so you'll know when to put the feeders up.

www.hummingbirds.net

PS: Louisa, It very well may have been a hummer, do you have an automatic garage door opener? They're attracted to the red ball at the end of the emergency pull!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm amazed! Yes, we do have an automatic garage door opener. But listen to this! My dining room is at the front of the house which overlooks the porch and on the porch are lots of flowers in tall containers and feeding on the geraniums right before my very eyes, framed by the window.......was a blue hummer!!! My first 'real' siting. I had a front row seat, fantastic!! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.