Corregated PVC paneling anyone????

Old Town (Gainesvill, FL(Zone 8a)

I just got back a lil bit ago from home depot, we decided to go with corregated pvc paneling instead of plastic sheeting. Has anyone had any experience with this? I thought it might be better because its clear. It seems without a ton of lights the plastic sheeting doesn't allow enough natural light in. The panels cost us 10times more than plastic would have, but I figure with our mild climate they will work as well, last longer and also be more easily removed in the spring for better ventilation during the warm weather. Any experience or tips are appreciated!

Katrina

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We have it on our old original greenhouse. Some has to be 12 or more years old. Gets kinda scruffy looking, but still lets light in. Easier to heat than a plastic house. Put it on with roofing screws, then you can remove it if you want. We sealed the sheets to each other with silicone.
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

We did the same thing, ours is not totally clear, but lets in plenty of light I think. We have had it about 4 years now, no problems yet. We did add the uv plastic inside tho to form the double liner. We don't plan to take it apart. We used a wood frame and stapled the plastic liner to it.

In Fl you might not need the liner, but we really do here in zone 7b - the heater usually only runs at night if the sun is out. I have read some horror stories about all plastic greenhouses, a little wind can rip it right off. Or a limb could fall on it and do a lot of damage.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.