BBC's Gardener's World

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

please dont move this thread

did anyone see the making of said program last night on 2? a whole hour dedicated to Alan, the makers, out takes and the mistakes.

filming starts very friday at 8.30am and they need enough film to cut down to a half hour program 12 hours later. one person, for continuity, watches what Alan does and takes notes about what he does with his hands, fingers and feet because .... every piece we see is shot from 3 angles one one camera! for filming he has 2 of everything in case it rains and he has to change into drier clothes

there is so much more to tell but it would spoil the program.

Alan has now left the program as he is selling his house. I wonder how much it went for!? nice to have all those out door rooms which are in only an acre! a long narrow one with a gradient of 1 in 4 upwards.

Chris Beardshaw and Rachel(long nails so I wear gloves) de Thame (oops forgot to finish my sentence) will be presenting with ?

This message was edited Sunday, Jan 5th 12:49 PM

Warkworth, Northumbe, United Kingdom

Wasn't the house on the market for £800,000 no wonder he says that he has one more garden left in him. I wouldn't want such a famous garden, I like to make up my own planting schemes. I'm looking forward to Monty Don taking over gardeners World, I though that he was great in the channel 4 programme What was it called?

Birmingham, United Kingdom

I think Monty Don was in "Real Gardens". Personally I think he is drop dead gorgeous, and can't wait to see him.

Marigold.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.