London's dullest day

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

did I just miss something on the news the other day that London(?) recently had it's dullest day ever when street lights came on around mid day?

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Think this is one of the days I was complaining about on my brrrr thread - I'm only 40 miles from the centre of London. It's shaping up to be similar today :(
More rain, pelting down yesterday and today.........

I'd take a photo but it's not a pretty sight lol

Warkworth, Northumbe, United Kingdom

It has been so wet here, but even so I have been out in the rain transplanting leyandii and laurel. I dug a hole and left it for a couple of minutes and when I returned it was full of water.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm not so good. Roll on spring, some of the bulbs are coming up.

Southmede are you sure you want to plants those 2 thugs?

Yes because I want some privacy, don't worry cause the garden is big enough.

Thumbnail by Southmede

sorry the photo is a bit dark but I've planted to give some privacy and as a wind break to the patio.

there are much better behaved trees around

It's not the tree's fault it's the growers who don't look after them.

yes I know when I'm out driving around. If I remember tomorrow I'll show the best kept Leylandii hedge I have ever seen

there is a law coming in soon if not already that Leylandiis arent allowed to be over 10 feet.

LOL Mark is that the law that they keep looking at year in year out?

best to do it now while in ma heed

yes thats the law

Thumbnail by mark
Dayton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank You! to all the european posts about the weather - having just left England in September to move permanently to USA & still feeling homesick for my English garden & way of life - suddenly all the comments of that weather remind me that it is not so bad here!

Yes but the only thing which beats walking in virgin snow is kicking up dry autumn leaves and being like a child again. What do I mean again I've never grown up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.