Need 3" to 4" pillar candleholder ideas

Fairchild Air Force , WA(Zone 7a)

I don't like the choices of glass & metal saucer/dish pillar candleholders that are in the stores, that sell for sometimes big bucks.

I was thinking of using a 4" terra cotta saucer, but it's sooo bland & boring. I painted some before to use as candleholders, but the wax stuck to the sealed paint & once I tried to get the wax up, it ripped the paint off.

I then thought of buying a clear glass teacup saucer with a 3" to 4" indentation & painting the backside. This sounds like a better choice & idea. However, I got to wondering if dollar stores even sell clear glass saucers. I swear I've only seen solid color plastic bread or dinner plates. Then I thought about looking at a thrift store, but there's no good ones in central AR, that I know of. There's plenty of fleamarkets, but the prices at those are comparable to antiques!

Can anyone help me with my dilemma?

Thanks in advance if so!

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!